Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Need installation help!

Has anyone ever successfully installed a car seat in the second rows center seat of a 2007 Honda Pilot?? I've been wrestling car seats for two days and cannot get anything properly installed!! My pregnant belly hurts and I'm about to just throw all of these seats on the burn pile and vow to never leave my house again. So far I've tried a britax boulevard, a diono radian rxt and a clek fllo. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?? Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Need installation help!

Yes. What issues are you having? Are they rear or forward facing? You're using the seatbelt?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Unregistered

Re: Need installation help!

I was just thinking that I should rephrase this with less irritation and more information lol. Man can carseats be frusterating!! Anyhoo...I am currently trying to get either the clek or the diono installed rear facing in that center position with the seat belt. So far the only seat that I have been able to get installed properly is the clicktight, with the clek and the diono rear facing on either side. This positioning works fine as far as fit and all of that, but then my four year old son has to crawl underneath the rf seat to get out and he really does not like that. I could put him in one of the outside positions but I don't think I could very easily reach the center seat to buckle either the new baby or my 1 and a half year old (with him in the middle I am able to just buckle him from the front seat). So what I think might work best is to have two rf seats side by side in the 2nd row and one seat ff in the third row. I have tried twisting the belt stock (is that what it's called?) two times and with the diono have tried where you get the seat installed as tight as you can and then unbuckle and feed the belt back into the retracter and then rebuckle. It helped but it was still quite loose on the side opposite of where it buckles in at. It is a type of belt that comes down from the ceiling and clicks into a small buckle at the seat.