Got our GN and its a no go....now what?

arly1983

I knew Mr J had grown, I just didn't realize it was all in the legs.

He has no leg support in the GN and he is also way over the furtherest out crotch strap and keeps pulling at it. He can't tell me he is uncomfortable but wanted out everytime I tried him in it. C however, made her opinion quite clear: "No. NO. Dis one!" pointing at her radian.

Oh, well, now what?

Regent will not work and I don't really like the Frontier...but I might have to get it....it would be useless to get another radian for him.

ADS

arly1983

Oh bummer, sounds like the Regent is the last option. How old is he?

4 years old and 40 lbs, about 42 inches long. Regent will not fit in the spot I need it to go into.

I don't know. I am doubting myself now.

We went outside while DD naps and played with it some more and now he seems ok with it. He discovered the cupholder. :D I took some pics. Gosh, I don't know. I just need to find something in the next 13 days.

Last edited:

featherhead

Could you make him a footrest? That would help with his legs. I guess with the crotch strap, just make sure you're not over-tightening his harness.

arly1983

Crap, looking at the pic of him in the radian, he has more leg support in that.

MyPicsOIFIII165.jpg

arly1983

It looks like he has the same amount of leg room in both seats to me... :confused:

If you look at where the curve of the radian starts then it looks the same. I was looking at where the curve ends. :eek:

I guess I just want this to work for a while and I am afraid that if his legs are bending at the knee now where will we be next year.

I don't know, part of me just wants to just keep it deal with whatever down the road.

We played with the crotch strap some more and I think I did overtighten because I am getting no complaints now. :eek:

wyomommyx3

Those are ds's exact measurements (5.5 yrs) and he loves it... says he's way more comfy. Gotta love the cupholders. DD is :mad: mad :mad: that she doesn't have cupholders on her MA :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Whoa, he IS all leg! Leah's been 'AT' the second to top slot since she turned 2 in the RN, lol. So use the Nautilus for a year while they get the bugs out of the Frontier, and get it then? Can't beat the leg support in the FR, it's amazing!

scatterbunny

You know, sometimes kids surprise us in what they find comfy. Andie's son is 47ish inches and on the top slots of the Nauti, and he doesn't ever complain about his legs (and that's his primary seat). When H tried out the Nauti, she was already an inch over the top slots, but she still said it was comfortable.

If he prefers the Radian, though, why can't he use that? I'm not up on what seats you have now, I guess. :p Is the Radian C's seat?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Or the Safeguard Go has amazing leg support... Leah LOVES the Go :)

Last edited by a moderator:

arly1983

Whoa, he IS all leg! Leah's been 'AT' the second to top slot since she turned 2 in the RN, lol. So use the Nautilus for a year while they get the bugs out of the Frontier, and get it then? Can't beat the leg support in the FR, it's amazing!

Thats exactly what is going through my mind. It works for now, worry about later later.

I am so glad he grew legs, his torso was starting to look funny long in comparison. C is at the 2nd to the top slots too. I keep reminding myself that she will sprout legs one day as well.

You know, sometimes kids surprise us in what they find comfy. Andie's son is 47ish inches and on the top slots of the Nauti, and he doesn't ever complain about his legs (and that's his primary seat). When H tried out the Nauti, she was already an inch over the top slots, but she still said it was comfortable.

If he prefers the Radian, though, why can't he use that? I'm not up on what seats you have now, I guess. :p Is the Radian C's seat?

You've got a point never know what kids will be comfy in. :p I think he prefers the radian over every seat and it doens't look half as comfy as some. He always picks it first. :whistle:

I have two radians and then this GN. My other radian in my MIL's car. She has been taking DS to school. I was going to either keep this in my van or put it in MIL's car. I just need one something else in addition to the two radians.

Or the Safeguard Go has amazing leg support Leah LOVES the Go :)

Thanks, if this doesn't work out that might be the way I go.

Last edited by a moderator:

mommy2env

I think he looks great in the GN. If you say he just grew in the legs, then maybe you have a lot of time in the seat. Maybe his next growth spurt will be in the torso? :whistle:

munchkin

Is he good about finding different ways to make his legs comfy? Mya usually tucks one leg up (like semi criss-cross style) and the other she flops over one of the arm rest. It looks crazy, but I think she does it to keep her legs comfy and from dangling.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
is there a specific reason you dont want the frontier? Even though we LOVE our GN, I can honestly say we'llprobably get one just because of the larger seating area/increased leg support/more crotch room issue.

MustangMama

I think if you keep it and give it a few weeks, you won't be dissappointed. Just let him get used to it :)

Our DD is almost the same stats as your kiddo and she likes it. Good luck finding that perfect seat if you need to....;)

arly1983

is there a specific reason you dont want the frontier? Even though we LOVE our GN, I can honestly say we'llprobably get one just because of the larger seating area/increased leg support/more crotch room issue.

I found it to be a pain to install and the straps drove me up the wall and my overall impression was :thumbsdown: but then this was just a couple of times trying it out in the BRU parking lot.

I wish I knew someone IRL that owned it so I could really try it out. I don't think I have time to order it and especially not to send it back if it doesn't work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC