The new Radian

cryswilkins

Do all the updates on the new Radian make it easier to install with the seatbelt? I am really thinking that I am want a lower profile seat for Zoe, its killing me to lift her in RF.

As of right now there is not a store that I know of that has them locally, so I would have to order blind.

ADS

Pixels

I didn't see a difference. It might have to do with the individual vehicle.

My BRU has one Radian80 in stock. It isn't even with the rest of the carseats, it's tucked away in a corner by itself, displayed on its incredibly beat up box. I wouldn't buy that grungy looking thing! If you have a BRU near you, you might ask if they have it.

christineka

That's a bummer. I really liked the radian except for how hard it was to install. I had hoped to go back to radians someday when the new ones were out and I had money. I hear they don't do well in siennas, so I suppose I'll have to give that thought up.

cryswilkins

My BRU doesn't carry them at all, I have looked.

I am not as worried about FF because I have never found a FF seat that is hard to install in my CRV. I guess the Radian is a different animal so its possible.

BW1426

I'm seriously thinking about ordering one. I'll be in Lansing over the weekend of February 20th for a CEU class.

NannyMom

Can she climb into the seat herself? All I have to do is put Sofi in the car and she can do the rest herself, then I buckle.

jb5416

I have an '05 Sienna and have a ff Radian installed rock-solid using a seat belt in the second row. Once you get the hang of it it's not so bad. My installation was checked and approved by a local tech.
Jessie

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I doubt it would be a problem in a CR-V... unless it was so reclined RF it ate up too much space, but I think Defrost shows how to install it more upright... I bet it'd work :)

Chex

The Radians install just fine in the second row of a Sienna. It's the 3rd row that causes issues. It fits fine RF in both outboard positions. I didn't try it RF in the middle of the 3rd row. But FF is a problem. The rigid buckle stalks in the passenger side and the middle of the 3rd row make for an impossible install. I got it fairly tight on the passenger side, but there was a lot more than an inch of movement front to back. Middle was impossible to get tight. One side of the seatbelt is a rigid buckle stalk while the other side is a LONG buckle stalk and even with it twisted 3 times I couldn't get even close to a tight install.

It does install just fine with LATCH in those positions, though, but because of the placement of the LATCH, it makes a 3-across situation difficult when installed with LATCH.

It installs beautifully FF w/the seatbelt in the driver's side on the 3rd row, but of course, that's the ONE spot without a tether anchor. :thumbsdown:

These are the issues the Christineka was referring to in regards to the Sienna.

cryswilkins

I doubt it would be a problem in a CR-V... unless it was so reclined RF it ate up too much space, but I think Defrost shows how to install it more upright... I bet it'd work :)

That is what I was thinking. If I can get the new one more upright, I would bet it would fit.

Didn't Arly prove where there is a will to install the Radian, if you try hard enough you WILL get it installed? :p

BW1426

That is what I was thinking. If I can get the new one more upright, I would bet it would fit.

Didn't Arly prove where there is a will to install the Radian, if you try hard enough you WILL get it installed? :p

Have you been able to play with an old style radian? And, do you have LATCH?

It's your job to enable my purchase.

cryswilkins

No, I don't have LATCH. I have never seen a Radian before in these parts, lol. They just put a Buy Buy Baby in Canton, but I am never out there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC