Enspira Deluxe Convert. (by Safety 1st I think)

Wife&MomX3

My ILs have this seat (Eddie Bauer edition if that matters). I had DS sit in it the other day and it seemed like he had maybe 1/4", if that, before his shoulders are level w/ the top slots. Does anybody know what the top slight height is for that seat? Knowing that, and DS's seated shoulder height, seems more accurate than just trying to look and feel. TIA!

And opinions please, am I being over protective in saying that I will not allow DS (about to be 4 yrs old) to ride in said Enspira seat as a HBB once he outgrows it, in the very near future? (He's almost 40lbs as well, so wt. or ht. he'll be out of it in no time). Neither DH nor the ILs know much about car safety, and think Im just being extreme, keeping DD1 RF at 2.5 yrs old, and wanting DS to stay harnessed til he outgrows the Regent. (Im sure he'll be mature enuf to eventually ride occasionally in a HBB in other ppls' car's b4 he outgrows the Regent, but not at just turned 4!)

ADS

cpsaddict

I think the top slot height is about 16.5" on the Enpsira. No, you are not being overprotective. Not only is he really young to be in a booster, the Enspira makes a crappy booster.

zeo2ski

Definitely not being overprotective--just protecting your kids, which is your job! IMO, overprotective is not a term that should be used regarding car safety--save that word for things that aren't potentially life threatening in an instant. Whoever says you're being overprotective should be shown some crash videos. You will know when your DS can handle a booster and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks before that point, do what you feel you need to do.

Wife&MomX3

Thanx 4 the replies! I know very little about boosters (I research and learn about seats when I'll soon need them, and dont plan on using any boosters for at least 2 yrs or more). How is the Enspira a crappy booster?
(ftr, I told the ILs it wouldnt be a good buy when they got it in the early fall, since ds would outgrow the harness soon. FIL thought they would just use it in booster mode, I said DS would not be allowed in a booster so young, but they still kept the seat. Wutever, their wasted money!).

Hmmm, I wonder if he was only on the 3rd set of slots then, and in the dark I just didnt notice the 4th set under the headrest. Cuz his seated shoulder height is only 14.25", thas a big difference from 16.5".

Maedze

Safety First is owned by Dorel, which makes the Cosco, Safety First and Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 seats (and there are a LOT). Pretty much uniformly, they allow the lapbelt portion of the seatbelt to rise up on the tummy instead of low on the hips, touching the thighs. In an accident this is very dangerous. Rather than having the crash forces absorbed by the strong hip bones, all that force is directed into the soft abdominal cavity, which can cause very serious internal injuries.

I have never seen a Dorel 3-in-1 provide a safe booster fit on ANY child of any age :twocents:

Wife&MomX3

Safety First is owned by Dorel, which makes the Cosco, Safety First and Eddie Bauer 3-in-1 seats (and there are a LOT). Pretty much uniformly, they allow the lapbelt portion of the seatbelt to rise up on the tummy instead of low on the hips, touching the thighs. In an accident this is very dangerous. Rather than having the crash forces absorbed by the strong hip bones, all that force is directed into the soft abdominal cavity, which can cause very serious internal injuries.

I have never seen a Dorel 3-in-1 provide a safe booster fit on ANY child of any age :twocents:
Thanx for that info! I got a Scenera so dd1 can ERF after gettin too tall for her RA, and it seems so flimsy, but fine for RFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC