carseat storage

love-pink

i was just taking pictures of the seats im not using right now and mine are all spread around my bedroom (a pretty small bedroom at that). we live in a farm house so theres only two closets and there packed full of other stuff.

so i was wondering where do you guys keep all your "extra" seats???:confused:

ADS

munchkin

Mine are in the guest bedroom (I usually put them in the car when guests come, because that is mostly my niece/nephew/brother/SIL).

I am down to 3 right now and am probably selling one of those in the next month. This is before I moved/got rid of most of my seats!
DSC02302-1.jpg

Now covers are a different story. I think I have 11 Marathon covers and 2 Nautilus covers (and 1 Blvd cover :whistle:). I keep those in the closet in 2 of those hanging sweater organizers.

munchkin

I was wondering what is the one in the back with the blue on it? :D

On the right from back to front

Marina Husky
Misty Morning TrueFit
Cowmoo FPSVD
Circus Dot FPSVD

On left
Cowmoo Marathon
Pink Dot Joovy Doll Seat

Not that you asked for all of them :whistle:. I also had an Eddie Bauer/Designer 22 infant seat and a Radian at the time, that I wish I had gotten in the pic.

family5oregon

On the right from back to front

Marina Husky
Misty Morning TrueFit
Cowmoo FPSVD
Circus Dot FPSVD

On left
Cowmoo Marathon
Pink Dot Joovy Doll Seat

Not that you asked for all of them :whistle:. I also had an Eddie Bauer/Designer 22 infant seat and a Radian at the time, that I wish I had gotten in the pic.

Aw, it was the TF that confussed me. I saw the Husky top, but wasn't sure.

I have 1 DS in a ,car seat, and a BAD fedish for seats. (don't know how I ended up with so many :p)

1 Husky - Marina & Wicken covers
2 PW - Saphair, Brownstone & Ivy League covers
2 TBB - 3 gray covers
1 SRC - Colonial (no extra cover :( )
1 Evenflo Big Kids - blue/gray (closet admistion of seat)

There I said it to someone other than Hubby. :D :ROTFLMAO:

MustangMama

My bedroom closet or at my moms house.....hehe......use up all her storage space! :p

Sometimes in DD bedroom if we have nowhere else.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Some are in the corner of my living room and some in the corner of my dining room. I HAVE to clean out though because Pottery Barn Kids is delivering our Cameron Wall System tomorrow!!! So all of them are going to end up in the dining room!!!

Pixels

Well, right now we have two seats installed, one that lives in my brother's apartment in a corner of the living room when it's not in his car, and a base in our living room. The bucket and its two bases I was planning on selling when DD is out of it, because we have NO storage in our condo. We do plan to have another but not in this condo, and we won't be moving in the next year either.

DH really surprised me, though. I said something offhand about selling the seat, and he said no, it will go in the storage area under the staircase because we are planning on having a number two. This coming from the guy who originally only wanted one, and IF there was a #2, he wanted 5 years apart. Hmmm. Plus he has been talking a lot lately how much he misses DD being in my belly and feeling her kick etc.

For the most part, we avoid the issue. I'm not a carseat collector. We will buy one more seat (RN XT) before DD outgrows the bucket, but after that probably the next seat we buy will be a booster or combination seat for DD's friends at school age. That seat will most likely stay installed, unless it needs to come out for adult riders, in which case it will probably go in the trunk or living room as it would only be a temporary thing.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I have shelves in my attic where I set most of them out. Seriously, it looks like Target up there. I have infant seats on up to an old Super Elite.

However, most of them have made their way to the garage, as and I'm doing a presentation next week it doesn't do to move them back up. I'll use that as my excuse for having them there for the past four months.....

Wendy

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I have shelves in my attic where I set most of them out. Seriously, it looks like Target up there. I have infant seats on up to an old Super Elite.

However, most of them have made their way to the garage, as and I'm doing a presentation next week it doesn't do to move them back up. I'll use that as my excuse for having them there for the past four months.....

Wendy

Wendy, you should totally post your pictures! It'll make everyone jealous, though. :p

Right now in my hallway, because I am washing all the covers for the 1st time(LOL). :whistle:

Usually though in the garage(that is attached to my house) on a rubbermaid tall shelf. It was suppose to be for toys, but I thought it was great for my carseat storage :whistle:.

NannyMom

I have 2 in my bedroom closet, 1 waiting to sell on CL, and 1 waiting for a family in need that was supposed to come get it. I have 1 in my mother's basement (in a small bedroom, that mostly houses all my baby stuff for the next kid, or sofi's hand-me-down clothes that are too big). I have 5 in my front hall closet, witch is just storage. And I have 1 SR base in the Den closet.

I have a SS1 in it's original box. But it's in the closet which had some leaking from a flood outside. I want to put it in a plastic box before there's another leak and the seat gets all wet..... any idea what size will work??

Oj, and when we first moved into this apt a month ago I started putting storage stuff in the big front closet, and one of my first thoughts when I saw the shelf was... 'Perfect size for carseats!!' :D

Pixels

Wendy, if you finish off your attic, can I come live in it? Seriously, your attic is almost twice as big as my whole condo.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, I forgot that I have some that are not in the closet. Some that we hardly ever use are in our (climate-controlled) storage space.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Wendy - X just saw that picture of your attic and said, "Wow, she has that many car seats? She must have a lot of kids!" :ROTFLMAO:

Right now I only have a Signo & Connection that are extras. They are in the basement. I also have a big box labeled "car seat stuff". I have so much good junk in there - extra straps, chest clips, locking clips, etc., etc., I love it when I have something to add to the box! I'm not a car seat collector and will actually be putting both the Signo & Connection on swap soon. I'll then be getting a TF for Z and a new Vivo or B510 for X and will keep the Marathon & PW as my extra seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC