Patch'works'

family5oregon

I had asked about embroidering seat covers and it was mentioned that someone did patches on thier seat.

DS's seat somehow got holes in the cover???? :confused:

I had some Lightning McQueen fabric and thought to cut it up and sew them over the wholes.

Whutcha think? :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

I wish I could do one for a girl :p

Gracoboosterwithpatches.jpg

ADS

Auntie2six

I think that is really cute. You did a great job! If it was Wall-E my nephew would love it! He's no where near ready for a booster though! lol. Hes only 2.5!

AtTheSouthDam

That looks soo nice. With all this embroidery and patchworks everyone is showing off I am tempted to get blander covers for my car seats and have some fun :)

family5oregon

Thank you. I did the same thing on some swings for a family member. She was having a girl and had blue swings. I made them girly with patches. Darn, I can't find the pics.

munchkin

Great job :thumbsup:! I think it looks better than the couple of Disney boosters Graco does have, because it is a lot more subtle. What does DS think of it? That is the real test :p.

MustangMama

o0o0o00o0o0 I love the Cars car seat!! :love::love::love:

Good job! You should make me a cute one with flowers....:whistle:

Just kidding! We have enough already! But that would be awesome!

Logan wants superhero's on his(I am afraid to seeing he might grow out of them by the time he needs to use it as a booster)
Michael wants Space stuff on his booster(but, there is no way I am putting patch work on the parkway) ;-)

I will do it to the Graco Turboboosters though ;-), but I don't want those as his main seat.

family5oregon

Logan wants superhero's on his(I am afraid to seeing he might grow out of them by the time he needs to use it as a booster)
Michael wants Space stuff on his booster(but, there is no way I am putting patch work on the parkway) ;-)

I will do it to the Graco Turboboosters though ;-), but I don't want those as his main seat.

I agree...the Graco's are a dime a dozen and the PW are hard to find. :twocents: I was going to embroider our Brownstone PW and the Marina Husky covers, but not now. Can't bring my self to do it. :(

Good luck if you decide to do patches on the TB's. If you need help let me know. :thumbsup:

I agree...the Graco's are a dime a dozen and the PW are hard to find. :twocents: I was going to embroider our Brownstone PW and the Marina Husky covers, but not now. Can't bring my self to do it. :(

Good luck if you decide to do patches on the TB's. If you need help let me know. :thumbsup:

I do have a question... I am so not crafty(LOL). Do you take the cover off when you do the patches or iron them with the cover on the carseat(I know dumb question).

Yup, don't think I could ever do the nautilus or parkway.

family5oregon

I do have a question... I am so not crafty(LOL). Do you take the cover off when you do the patches or iron them with the cover on the carseat(I know dumb question).

Yup, don't think I could ever do the nautilus or parkway.

Not a bad question. I took the cover off when I put the patches on. I didn't iron them on, worried they would come off over time. The nice thing about using sewing them on is when DS's interests change I can remove and attach new ones. :D

Kat_Momof3

I had asked about embroidering seat covers and it was mentioned that someone did patches on thier seat.

DS's seat somehow got holes in the cover???? :confused:

I had some Lightning McQueen fabric and thought to cut it up and sew them over the wholes.

Whutcha think? :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

I wish I could do one for a girl :p

you just gave me great inspiration for how to fix the spots and one TINY hole on Ruthie's Bravo Nautilus cover.... from where I stupidly tried to use the same stuff I use on boyscout patches to attach the patches so I wouldn't have to iron them on (and now, because that stuff won't come off, I can't get them to iron on)

if I got them the right size, it would work!

Last edited:

family5oregon

The hole is under the flag/95 patch - size of a quarter
Gracoboosterwithpatchesheadrest.jpg

The second hole is under the tire patch - dime size
Gracoboosterwithpatchesseat.jpg

I'll give you a hint: I used regular fabric and ironed it onto medium stablizer, cut to size and zigzag stiched. VERY slow and don't have poor vision this will make it worse. LOL :p (the white showing around the patch edges is the stablizer, washings should help eliminate it being seen.)

Kat_Momof3

The hole is under the flag/95 patch - size of a quarter
]

I'll give you a hint: I used regular fabric and ironed it onto medium stablizer, cut to size and zigzag stiched. VERY slow and don't have poor vision this will make it worse. LOL :p (the white showing around the patch edges is the stablizer, washings should help eliminate it being seen.)

stabilizer??

I might try to do it without because the hardened sticky stuff should serve as that... but if I need to get it, then i will.

family5oregon

stabilizer??

I might try to do it without because the hardened sticky stuff should serve as that... but if I need to get it, then i will.

All the stabalizer does is help keep the fabric from moving out of shap. If you are using a patch and stiching it on, no need. Good luck. Let me know if you need anymore help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC