What is Graco thinking with this booster?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Leah's 3 on Tuesday, and 30 pounds. That's 'close enough' to the 40lb minimum on that booster, isn't it? She'd LOVE it!

I'm kidding! I know, I can't STAND these things! Dora's way more appropriate for a Cargo or Nautilus....

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe I should be a little embarrassed but... my 7yo loves Dora.

Still too young for a backless booster, in my book :D

No, seriously? Enjoy it. My 9 yo is already past Hannah Montana, I have no idea what's next, but it's happening WAY too fast :eek:

April

I saw a Dad buying one for his daughter the other day at TRU. She couldn't have been more than 3 1/2, and I highly doubt she was more than 27 or 28 lbs. I told him, she's too small for that seat, and he replied "It's cheap and she likes it, mind your business." Nice. Well I tried, but it just goes to show that the Dora marketing works for that age group :thumbsdown:

canadiangie

I saw a Dad buying one for his daughter the other day at TRU. She couldn't have been more than 3 1/2, and I highly doubt she was more than 27 or 28 lbs. I told him, she's too small for that seat, and he replied "It's cheap and she likes it, mind your business." Nice. Well I tried, but it just goes to show that the Dora marketing works for that age group :thumbsdown:

Awww, well good for you for trying. Sometimes people just suck IMHO. :eek:

My 30 m/o goes bananas when she sees the Dora backless at my wal-mart. I let her sit in it, but have told her it's for when she's "older". Now whenever she sees it she gets really excited, but then all serious and says "ooder mama". It's good when you have them trained. ;):D

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Ilana would be in heaven! Dora is how everything is solved in my house. She's just finishing meds for strep and we watched a lot of Dora before I took her to do the DR and got a dx. BAD mom! She's only 27#, it's going to take a while though...

I know this makes me so mad!
Logan wanted the lizard booster so bad at kmart, why can't they make that in nautilus form?

My daycare girl(almost 6) has been in a dora booster for awhile now(she has been in a backless since 3 years old).
Mom is thinking now about getting a high back. Grandparents got her a nautilus :thumbsup:

Pixels

They are thinking that they can get market share. Graco is a company, and is out to make money. Just like every other company.

Shanora

Its the same here with the LBB that have Lightning McQueen on them....*sigh* My DS would go NUTS over that booster.....I have up to this point avoided showing it to him....

Heamae

My dds have seen it and it makes it hard to put them in the seats I want to. They want to be "big kids" and sit in the "big kid" dora seat!! Have you seen the commercial for the new chevy taverse?? There is a little 3, maybe 4 year old, that wants to sit in the big girl seat in the big girl car and in the car is a no back booster!! I change the channel when that comes on. My girls really want to be big girls and they see 5 pts as baby seats but they have no choice to be in them.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I thought she looked older than that. I was impressed there was a booster at all in the car, lol. I was expecting nothing so to at least have a booster, good for them.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Too bad there wasn't a knowledgeable employee around. :p I take a pretty darn firm stance against buying a booster when it's illegal to put the kid in one and for some reason my purple shirt makes them believe me the vast majority of the time. :cool:

Good for you for saying something though. Strangely enough, we don't sell that many of the low back character boosters despite having 2 at work. We tend to sell the cheapest booster that's on sale, or else parents look for one with the best sleep support. I suspect that we're in a rare market though... Most parents with a 40lb 3yr old are receptive to getting a seat with a higher weight limit and seem to "get it" when you tell them how young kids just don't sit still in boosters. Though I'm using a generalization based on the parents I talk to.. I have no clue what happens when I'm not there. :eek:

Kat_Momof3

anytime that I see you with a post like this.. I just keep thinking that your son is covering his face like that in your siggy face out of sheer disappointment in the parents and wondering what the heck they are thinking.

Kat_Momof3

it's been out for so long..... I actually liked the disney princess and power rangers highbacks they had before... not completely good, but better at least.

if people just never bought them, Graco wouldn't make them.

And my almost 5yr old child LOVES all things Dora AND Cars... yeah... I haven't let her see those backless boosters.

Now, Jeffrey is at the point where he saw the cars one on an ad on a site yesterday, and I was there and he said... "Mommy, I'm glad you didn't buy me that super-cool Lightning McQueen booster." I (holding in laughter at his contradictive sounding statement) responded with asking him why.... and he said... "Because it's not as safe as my big red booster and it wouldn't be as soft and padded as my new zebra booster." Then big pause.... "Plus, I used to have a booster like that... the cupholders don't work good (forgive his grammer) and the armrests are short."

My child... I love him... cares so much more about comfort than even cupholders.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC