chicco Keyfit, Calgary?

jacks1

Has anyone seen the Chicco Keyfit in Calgary at Babies R Us. I know I can get with an online retailer but I think I would rather go to an actual store to get it, plus I have a giftcard for their anyways. Also does anyone know if Babiesrus would price match off an online retailer?

TIA!

ADS

canmom

I'm not sure if they would price match online prices, I don't think most stores would. Just make sure it is a Canadian retailer. Best to call and ask them :thumbsup:

techie

As far as I know, it is only available online and through the Special Order program. And, no, BRU will not price match to an online retailer.

You can also use your gift card online, and if you do not like the car seat, you can return it to any BRU in Canada (minus the shipping costs).

jacks1

I did do some phoning to the different Calgary stores and they had no idea what i was talking about and said they have never had a Chicco carseat in ever. Its not on the website anymore either, just the base is. Its 50.00 cheaper online so I think i may just order it from their anyways. Thanks for the help though, ladies!

canmom

Oh well worth a shot, I think many stores would match online retailers because online guys don't exactly have the same overhead fees as box stores. If you want to see it in person first you could try checking out e-children or Kacz kids... they may carry them, I'm not sure.

FYI. sears has it online, maybe they have it in store Chicco Keyfit

featherhead

I did do some phoning to the different Calgary stores and they had no idea what i was talking about and said they have never had a Chicco carseat in ever. Its not on the website anymore either, just the base is. Its 50.00 cheaper online so I think i may just order it from their anyways. Thanks for the help though, ladies!

Yeah, just do it:D I did and I can't wait to use it. I'm guessing you found it at tummiestotots.com? At least that's the only place I've found it for $199 so far.

jacks1

Yep, I had to look it up in your thread :)

I have been to Kacz's kids, we bought thousands of dollars worth of baby gear there but we had a really bad experience last time- the owner basically thought we were stealing and tried to go through our stuff!:mad: So they aren't going to any of my business anymore!

canmom

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Kacz kids either, just thought if you really wanted it and couldn't find it elsewhere they may have it.

Just curious, why the keyfit? Have you looked at the Graco SafeSeat? It goes to 30lbs... I admit, I know nothing about the keyfit I just think for dollar value, if I needed another infant seat I would get the SafeSeat or SnugRide.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Count me as another one that does not like Kacz Kidz... that owner is a real piece of work and needs some lessons in manners and the CPS advice he's handing out. :rolleyes:

If I was having another baby, I'd be tempted to get the Keyfit... love the way it fits tiny babies and since ours come home around 6lbs and don't hit 12lbs until 5 months, the Keyfit would be perfect for us.

It'd be a toss up for me as to whether I want the SS1 for longevity or the KF for the way it fits tiny babies... I have a feeling the KF would win out if I was in the market right now.

canadiangie

I saw a KF the other day. I asked the mom if I could peek at her seat as I hadn't seen one yet. :)

And let me tell you, it's is beautiful. It really is everything we rave about. Tiny chest clip, lovely newborn insert, it's lightweight, the handle is comfy in your hand, the fabric was nice, and the seatback is quite tall (though not tall enough to accomodate the 30lb limit of the US's KF30 I don't think).

Mom talked about how easy the base was to install, and that it's by far the easiest seat to use she's ever owned. Her baby was about 8wks and just over 12lbs. I reminded her to remove the infant insert when she got home (it's used from 4-11lbs only IIRC), and she told me thank you.

All in all it was a nice converation, and such a nice seat to "meet" (lol, canmom).

ITA it would be a major toss up for me... the KF for it's 'perks' or the SS1 for it's practicality... I have micro babies so it'd probably be the KF.

Shanora

I got to play with one in Ontario, but no baby to play with it in the seat. I REALLY like it, but couldn't justify paying $250 for a seat that only went to 22 pounds....if they had, had the 30 pound Keyfit I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat!

canadiangie

I got to play with one in Ontario, but no baby to play with it in the seat. I REALLY like it, but couldn't justify paying $250 for a seat that only went to 22 pounds....if they had, had the 30 pound Keyfit I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat!

tummiestotots has it for $199 with free shipping. Not too bad considering the SS1 hovers around $180 most of the time.

I've been skeptical of the price and the 22lb limit from the get-go. But once I saw the seat I came away thinking that the 22lb limit was a very realistic number for a seat that size. Unlike many 22lb limit seats where babies outgrow them by the 1" rule around 15lbs (give or take), the KF is tall enough that many babies will indeed get to a full 22lbs. And for many babies this will mean the better part of 1 year. Of course if a person knows they have big babies, then the SS1 probably makes more sense, but if that's not the case I think the KF is a really sensible choice overall (for $199, not $250 ;)).

Shanora

yeah, but my kids were so different, my oldest was 22 pounds at 6 months, and I think my youngest was 22 pounds at a year....so I couldn't base anything off that. So I bought the SS1....which I love, but would so have loved the keyfit more....lol

ElaynesMom

I wish we had the KF30 available here. I don't need the extra height of the Safeseat really, I need the heigher weight limit. My dd outgrew her infant seat at 4 months (when she hit 22 lbs). It was mid December and I would have given anything to have a higher weight limit infant seat to get us through the winter. Next time I'll likely get the safeseat/Snugride 32.

jacks1

Had the safeseat for our first one but I always secretly wanted a keyfit. Never thought they would come to Canada so now that they have am I for sure getting one. I personally did no think the safeseat was that great- its for sure better than the other choices we have but I have seen the keyfit in the States and think its so much better hands down. We will be getting a Truefit so I am not too worried about it only going to 22lbs. I did not use my safeseat past that weight anyways. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC