COnfiguration challenge

Mommypooh

Okay so here is the issue I may start babysitting one day a week to help a friend out.
Kids will be
T- 6 years old not sure on height, weight 45 lbs
B- 6 Years old not sure on height, weight 45 lbs
J- 5 Years old not sure on height, weight 42 lbs
N- 1 year old not sure on height, weight 27 lbs
Cameron- 4 years old 37 inches tall, weight 33 lbs
Magnus - 1 year old, 31 inches tall, weight 22 lbs

Seats I have are
2 BV one if RF one is FF
2 FP boosters
1 Regent

I have to have the regent installed at all times as that is my daughters seat and I am still trying to figure out how pick up from school for her and getting all these kids dropped off will work out.

I hope to drop off the 4 I am watching before I pick up my daughter or else I will have to find someone to pick up my child.

I have a Grand Caravan 3rd row bench 3 across, middle lap belt only
2nd row bench 2 across both l-s belts
one child will have to be up front in my van.

so toss out some ideas, I hope to buy a nautilus soon to work in this equation.

ADS
U

Unregistered

hmmm

both 6 year olds in the boosters rear outboardseats

N- 1 year old 27 lbs in FF BV - rear middle seat

J- 5 Years or Cameron- 4 years old in the regent - middle row outboard seat

Magnus - 1 year old, RF BV - f -- middle row center seat

if you can get a Nautilus try and strap that in one of the rear outboard seats
and then have a booster up front by you

but if there is an airbag in the front you really cannot have a carseat in the front

Pixels

I'm assuming you will have Magnus with you all the time. I tried to come up with some things that might work with all 6 kids.

Can you fit the BV RFing next to the Regent in the second row? Then you would need another BV RFing third row along with two more FFing. Boosters might not work best because of the space necessary to buckle. Also , the concern that a booster kid might accidentally undo the carseat's buckle (unless of course you use LATCH, if you have it center rear, which I doubt).

Or, third row Regent (passenger side if possible for ease of reaching when you don't have daycare kids), RFing BV, and one booster, preferably on the side with only one male buckle.

No matter what, never ever put a RFing seat in front of the airbag (I think you know this). The rule of thumb is the largest harnessed child goes in the front seat (when it's necessary to use the front seat) with the seat pushed all the way back. The harness ensures that the child will not be out of position at the moment of airbag deployment. Although if you regularly use the van with an adult passenger (such as a DH or SO), you could put one booster child in front with the seatbelt locked, if he/she won't lean against the door.

KaceyLynn

I really don't think that the regent would fit in the back with 2 other seats -- the 3rd row seats in a caravan aren't very wide

Mommypooh

I know I can't do the regent in the 3rd row with more than one seat, I can do a nautilus and my 2 BVs on that seat in a pinch. I was thinking today
3rd row booster drivers side(T ), FF BV(Cameron), RF Seerna(N) or what ever seat I buy passenger side
2nd row RF BV middle(Magnus), Regent drivers side(J)
Natilus front( B), I would just have to move the nautilus in and out this way all my kids are still in their regular seats for the most part. I would also most likely move the Scerena out as well for ease of access to Cameron.

So thoughts on this? One day a week haveing to install 2 seats.

Cameron, Magnus, and Gabby in the Regnet have to have a permenate spot to remain in so that I don't do what I am doing now and switching seats around when I have to take extra kids with me.

Man this is hard having the Regent in the mixe with 2 RF kids.

Pixels

Which side has the male end of the center belt, 3rd row? I'd be concerned with a booster on that side.

Also, how would it work having the RFing Scenera on the passenger's side 3rd row? Would T and Cameron be able to crawl under it to get past?

Mommypooh

Middle and passenger side buckle on the same side, drivers side is stand alone.

Not going to be super easy but I know my kids climb under a RF BV all the time depending on what crazy positions I have them in. So I would think they could climb in and out. It would be gone under about 4-5 times in about an hour or so unless I take them somewhere else besides home after I pick up from school. This might be for 2-3 months and then I will not be doing it until next year and 2 of the kids will be in school full time next year so I will be down to 4 total. unless someone is sick.

The RF scerna is the reason I will take it out unless I need it since I will always have cameron and don't want to be making him climb under regularly.

Man this is hard to figure out. It really would be eaiser with more kids FF but I won't do that no matter how much easier it is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC