Britax Advocate CS release date for Canada?

U

Unregistered

Hi there

Britax are releasing a new seat this year called the Advocate CS. As far as I can tell it is due to release in the US between Feb and April 2009.

http://www.britaxusa.com/products/advocate-cs.aspx

Does anyone have any idead of a release date in Canada? I called the company but they seemed to be lacking the information.

Thanks

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Could be that they won't release it up here for awhile. There's usually a delay anyways, but with the BLVD CS already being $360, the Advocate would probably be $400 or maybe more and I just don't see many parents paying that much extra for the seat. I would expect them to gauge demand in the US market first.

But hey, maybe somebody here has some insider info that Britax wasn't able to give you. Never hurts to ask. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's tough to justify $400 or so for that seat when you've got the Radian XT and True Fit around. The Blvd CS is basically a dud cuz you're paying extra for the CS part that doesn't even work.

Sarah Tilton

CPST Instructor
Starting with the Frontier Britax has made a commitment to launch each product in Canada 30-60 after the launch of the US product. Yes, we have a time delay because it is a separate set of testing requirements, different printed material and labeling requirements and multiple languages that are not required for US products.

Thank you-

Sarah Tilton
Britax Child Safety

mommycat

Starting with the Frontier Britax has made a commitment to launch each product in Canada 30-60 after the launch of the US product. Yes, we have a time delay because it is a separate set of testing requirements, different printed material and labeling requirements and multiple languages that are not required for US products.

Thank you-

Sarah Tilton
Britax Child Safety
:thumbsup: Glad to see you here!

SoccerMom

I saw a display model today at Safety Superstore (aka. Babyproofingplus).
Tag on it said it was arriving June 2009 - price was $429.
It's above his head in this pic. (now I wish I actually took a picture of it)

DSCN2993.jpg

snowbird25ca

Thanks for posting that. :)

Safety Superstore must be one of Britax's biggest customers. They had a sample of the Frontier too before it was released - no stickers on it and marked not to be sold - but still able to be played with. :)

I do like the cover on it, I don't like the price tag. I'm actually somewhat surprised it's over the $400 mark. Another $30 when parents are already looking at the BLVD CS I could see. But creeping over that $400 mark? I'm just not sure many parents will pay $60 for the outer cushioning... :eek:

canmom

If you are in Canada, you must order a car seat through a Canadian retailer. Pishposhbaby.com is American and likely won't ship a car seat to Canada and if they did it is likely that border enforcement would confiscate it at the border.

snowbird25ca

If you are in Canada, you must order a car seat through a Canadian retailer. Pishposhbaby.com is American and likely won't ship a car seat to Canada and if they did it is likely that border enforcement would confiscate it at the border.

The unregistered poster before you that you were responding to has a US IP address, so it looks like this reply was just misplaced in the forum. It's always a good reminder that Canadian's need to purchase seats from Canadian retailers though.

(The reply won't show up on this thread at some point in the next few minutes as it's being moved out of the Canadian forum to a spot that won't cause confusion. :thumbsup: )

U

Unregistered

Hi
I just saw that the britax Advocate cs is listed online at T.J's the Kiddie store in BC for $449. I may go take a look at it or call to see if they are selling it.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the heads up on TJ's Kids. I just noticed that on their website it says the following in relation to the Advocate: "This product will be in stock on Friday 15 May, 2009."

hipmaman

That's the same date Safety Superstore in ON has as well. Basically that's the date for next expected shipment from Britax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC