Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Britax red FF lockoffs

I saw someone using a MA with the red FF lockoffs. DIfferent than the ones used now. WHen did they stop making those? THey would all be expired yet, would they?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Re: Britax red FF lockoffs

No not all of them are expired yet. I know my early 2004 MA had them and I think they changed over to the black in late 2004.

Edited since I found a post I had of one 2004 MA that had black lockoffs.
    Last edited by MOM25BOYS; 01-21-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

I'm not sure exactly when Britax switched but not all of the MAs with red FF lockoffs are expired just yet. We had MAs with a mid to late 2003 DOM with red lockoffs. You can see the red lockoff through the car window in this post-crash picture of DH's former car from Nov. 2003, before we replaced the seat with another MA.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j3...c/ab98e707.jpg

The replacement MA also had red FF lockoffs, IIRC, and a Nov. 2003 DOM. That MA in turn endured a crash the following year, in the fall of 2004, and it was replaced with yet another MA made in 2004. I'm blanking on the FF lockoff color on the 2004 MA, and I no longer have that MA to double check.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

thanks
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70