Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Can anyone help?

I am going to start making lil booklet folders with car seat safety information to give to my kiddo's parents so that when they go back home they can keep them safe. I will have a page in there about everything.. but I wanted to know if anyone already had lists of infant seats, convertibles, and combination seats with all of the info on them so that I don't have to do it. If I have to though, that's fine.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Can anyone help?

Is your plan to give a list with all the seats? That might be a bit overwhelming, especially since lots of seats are clones with various names (think of all the different Dorel 3-in-1s. aaaarrrrggggh!)

I've found information is easier to process if there's less of it. LOL. I would stick with a description of each sort of seat and basic information. Then, if the parents have questions about their particular model you can go from there.

If you want a good booklet to distribute, try to request some of the USAA carseat booklets.

Here it is in PDF form: http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/pdf/544.pdf
    It really is good with pictures of good use and misuse. I was able to request 100 booklets with no problem and I had the booklets within 6 days of requesting them. Best of all, the booklets are free.

To get it, go to: http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/
    Select the "Order Publications" link at the top of the form.
    Select publication "544 - Installing Child Safety Seats"
    You can order up to 100 booklets at a time.
    Katy

Carseat Crazy

I was going to suggest USAA as well. My booklet came uesterday and they look GREAT!
    DS, 12.5, 80 lbs. 5-steps
    DD1, 10, 100 lbs. 5-steps
    DD2, 8, 52 lbs. Monterey and PWSG
    Riding in an '05 Toyota Sequoia

i made a brochure a while back... feel free to print it off & pass out... ill attach it...

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie87 View Post
    I am going to start making lil booklet folders with car seat safety information to give to my kiddo's parents so that when they go back home they can keep them safe. I will have a page in there about everything.. but I wanted to know if anyone already had lists of infant seats, convertibles, and combination seats with all of the info on them so that I don't have to do it. If I have to though, that's fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    mommy to Mariya Adysen 11/28/07
    Austin Chase 06/30/09

I am not going to list ALL the seats. Just ones that are recommended so they get the right seat and don't waste their money.

Thanks for your help everyone!