Question Difficulty tightening Apex 65?

U

Unregistered

We have an APex 65 for my daughter, and are having a lot of trouble getting the straps tight when she's siting in the seat. In order to get a really snug fit we need to actually tighten the straps before we do them up. Is this normal? Is there anything we can do about it? We live in Canada and can't get the Graco Nautilous- and can't afford the Britax... We have an Evenflo triumph for our younger chils and it tightens so easily. I wish we'd gone with another Evenflo...

ADS

mommycat

I don't know about your strap tightening problem as I have never tried an Apex, but I am wondering why you say you can't get the Graco Nautilus? It is availbale in Canada now, and in fact Sears has them on sale for $209.99.

Editing to add that you should probably un-install the seat to check the routing of the harness in the back. If the routing is off, it may be getting hung up when there is weight on the seat. Not having seen the back of one, I can't say what the issue might be, though.

U

Unregistered

Thanks. When I bought the seatl ast October, I searched for the Nautilous since it was recommended to me, but I could not find it anywhere. Apparently I just neeeded to wait a few months.

I have taken the seat out & it looked okay back there. I will check again.

Thanks!

tiggercat

I've found the Apex can be tough to tighten with the child in it, because there is very little space underneath the restraint where the tightening strap runs. When you put the child in, their weight pushes the adjustor strap into the bottom of the vehicle seat, making it harder to tighten.

Can you try the seat in a different location in the vehicle? Sometimes the different seat contours can help.

Otherwise, you can just leave the straps set at the correct tightness and now adjust them unless necessary.

As the other poster said, the Graco Nautilus is now available in Canada. Can you return the Apex?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC