OMG We love the Monterey!

mamaofthree

It's so soft, and so pink! Dd (7) was soooooo excited when she heard the doorbell today. I told her that it wasn't coming until tomorrow, so she could be pleasantly surprised lol! I put it in the van and she just kept petting it, saying how comfy it was. She gave it a hug and said she can't wait to see it when she climbs in for school tomorrow. LOL! She has been riding harnessed in a GN with me, and in a TB in dh's car. She was confused about what kind of seat this was. She said "It uses the seatbelt like my other one (TB), but it's way bigger, and doesn't move all around." I was cracking up. I told her "It's a booster, just fancier/comfier than the TB, and it has LATCH on the bottom to keep it in place." She said, "yeah, it's safer too." She fits perfect in it. I was worried she'd be too skinny for it but she looks great. I'll add photos tomorrow, it was already dark when I got it in the van.

Kimberly

ADS

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Is it weird that I want DS1 to grow up faster just so I can get this seat for him? Lol...So many carseats I want to use, but I only have two kids!

firemomof3

We just got our today and we LOVE it SOOO much!! I love how sturdy it is and its almost like it "sticks" to my leather seats. I can't take advantage of the latch because dd1 is in the 3rd row which doesn't have latch. But the Monterey places the seat belt perfectly and dd1 loves the great leg support!!:love::love:

jillianrose

Hmmm...that's looks like a nice booster. (I looked at it online). I'd love to see pics of your daughter in it. I'm trying to find a new booster for my 7 year old as well and I love the idea that this one can be anchored. Thanks for sharing, and please post pics!

Do you think the SIP of this seat compares to the Recaro Vivo?

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
We ordered a red one for our 7yo dd last night...it is supposed to arrive late next week sometime.

The headrest adjustment in her TB (secondary seat in Dh's car) is consistently slipping and now that she is riding in a booster full time in both cars (outgrew her GN in October/November) I wanted to get something more substantial.

We will be moving the BN to dh's car and the Monterey will become her primary seat!

Can't wait until it arrives!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC