Pics-average 6yo in Vivo and Turbo, big 7yo in Vivo and Indy Plus

scatterbunny

Andie's trying to decide which booster to get for her average 6yo to use in grandpa's vehicle, a Vivo or a Turbo. Judi was nice enough to let us borrow both to try out for awhile. :love: I've been wanting to get my hands on a Vivo, too.

Here is Andie's average 6yo in the Vivo, on the second-to-lowest setting:
January192009009.jpg
January192009005.jpg
January192009008.jpg

And in the TurboBooster, second or third setting (I can't remember now, the kids were not exactly thrilled to be posing for booster photos. :p):

January192009004.jpg
January192009001.jpg
January192009003.jpg

Here he is in the Parkway:

January192009012.jpg
January192009010.jpg
January192009011.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

scatterbunny

Ugh, the one of the lapbelt fit in the Vivo is showing up huge for me, even though I resized it. :confused: My computer is really slow today. I'll add the ones of H in the Vivo and Indy in a minute.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Thanks for posting these! I'm mesmerized by pics of the Vivo now because I'm trying to decide if I should get one for X. He is in the PW now, but leans forward to see past the head wings, which really bothers me. Jenny, since you've have experience with a PW, how do you think the wings on the Vivo compare to the PW? Do you think if he's a "leaner" that it wouldn't be any different in the Vivo than the PW? I'm also wondering about the Compass. You have experience with that one too, IIRC. The head wings on it look less obtrusive than the PW and he loves the Camo, so we might go with that one. Which one did you have? The B510, not the 505 right? I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the 510 and the 530 & 540. I don't know why they have to make it so complicated!

scatterbunny

Okay, finally...H in the Vivo, on the highest setting (a little disappointed about that; I really thought it was the same height as the Parkway, which gives her a little more room):

January192009013.jpg
January192009016.jpg
January192009017.jpg

It's also not very compatible with the placement of my shoulderbelts, at least outboard (haven't tried it in the middle yet). I have the same problem with the Britax belt guides; the belt always falls out. :( We do not have this issue with the Turbo, Compass, or Indy.

January192009019.jpg

And here she is with the Indy Plus on the highest setting (notice how much more growing room she has, but ignore how scruffy she looks, LOL; we just got back from 3 days at grandma's house):

January192009021.jpg
January192009023.jpg

Andie

Awwww...he's way cuter than average, that's for sure! :love:

Love how the Vivo fits!
:thumbsup:

Thanks! He wouldn't let us take pics of him unless he got to make crazy faces. I really love the Vivo, but the deciding factor is if it fits next to the Scenera in my dad's Trooper.

Ugh, the one of the lapbelt fit in the Vivo is showing up huge for me, even though I resized it. :confused: My computer is really slow today. I'll add the ones of H in the Vivo and Indy in a minute.

It shows small for me. I think this weekend I want to see how much room he has w/the 2 seats at their tallest setting. Since H actually had less room in the Vivo compared to the Indy Plus.

Jenny, since you've have experience with a PW, how do you think the wings on the Vivo compare to the PW? Do you think if he's a "leaner" that it wouldn't be any different in the Vivo than the PW?

She took pics of him in the PW too. Maybe you can convince her to post them for comparison.

I like the Vivo more.. but It looks like he has more leg support in the TB..

It really is a toss up. He likes the Vivo more, but I'm concerned about the lack of leg support because he has low tone.

scatterbunny

Jenny, since you've have experience with a PW, how do you think the wings on the Vivo compare to the PW? Do you think if he's a "leaner" that it wouldn't be any different in the Vivo than the PW?

I just grabbed a tape measure...the PW's head wings are 6-7 inches deep, with about 7 inches of space for the child's head between the wings. The Vivo's wings are 7-8 inches deep, with about 8 inches of space between the wings. If it's the depth of the wings that bother him, it might not be a good choice, but if it's the space between the wings, the Vivo might work.

I'm also wondering about the Compass. You have experience with that one too, IIRC. The head wings on it look less obtrusive than the PW and he loves the Camo, so we might go with that one. Which one did you have? The B510, not the 505 right? I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between the 510 and the 530 & 540. I don't know why they have to make it so complicated!

We had the Camo B510. We really liked it, it positioned the belts well (though on some kiddos the lapbelt might ride too high, especially compared to the Vivo). The head wings are definitely not intrusive, even on the B510, which has wings a bit deeper than the B500/B505. I can't remember the differences between the B530 and B540, sorry. :eek: The Compass boosters are shorter than the PW and Vivo, especially the B500/B505, so I'd avoid those.

I like the Vivo more.. but It looks like he has more leg support in the TB..

The TB does appear to provide more leg support, the Vivo's seat depth is rather short, but both kids-even my long-legged, tall child-seemed comfortable. Also, I've always found that the shape of the seat matters more in terms of leg comfort than the actual seat depth measurement.

Something else to note, on the subject of comfort-my dd complained about feeling a bit squeezed at the hips in the Turbo the other day. She wanted to ride in it right after Judi left it with us. :p She's also right at the top setting. Despite the fact that the Vivo is "huggy" like the PW in the torso, it's roomier, and she didn't feel squished, just cocooned. She had plenty of hip room, and didn't need to wedge herself into it like she does with the PW.

It looks fine to me. Same size as the rest of the pics.

Thanks. I don't know why it's still showing up big for me. All the others resized just fine. :confused:

christineka

In case you'd like to see more pics of kids in the vivo- here are mine. The vivo pictures are recent, but the turbobooster pictures are from the fall. The vivo is 7 year old's seat. 9 year old still has her pink turbo.

Dd age 7, 52 pounds, 16.75-17 inch torso.
booster7.jpg

cbooster.jpg

Dd age 9, 54 pounds, 16.75-17 inch torso.
booster9.jpg

ebooster.jpg

Andie

In case you'd like to see more pics of kids in the vivo- here are mine. The vivo pictures are recent, but the turbobooster pictures are from the fall. The vivo is 7 year old's seat. 9 year old still has her pink turbo.

Dd age 7, 52 pounds, 16.75-17 inch torso.

Dd age 9, 54 pounds, 16.75-17 inch torso.

Do they seem ok with the lack of leg support over time? I just don't want to get it and have him uncomfortable after the "new" wears off.

NannyMom

A doesn't complain about leg support in the Vivo either. THe Vivo is her fav seat (out of the Vivo, TB, Parkway). I'll try and remember my camera tomorrow so I can take a pic of how she leans her head forward to see around the Vivo's wings.

Kat_Momof3

I vote for the vivo... and not to worry, I have my list of reasons.

1. seatbelt fit - all the seats fit well, but I like how the belt fits on the thighs, not even TOUCHING the abdomen on the vivo... the parkway looked high by comparison, even though clearly it was on his hips

2. seating room... he looked like he would quickly get too wide for the Parkway... it looked to be squeezing him, though I'm sure he was comfy. He looked so FREE in the Graco... it didn't seem to hug him anywhere. The vivo looked like it actually had a wider inner seating space and yet hugged him more because of the body wings, the angle of the armrests, and the headwings.

3. side support - well... clearly the graco provided some, but it didn't wrap around him like the other two did on the head... and the vivo clearly was wrapping further forward.

Jenny - for H, I obviously have to prefer the Jane... and the reason I'm bringing it up... could you take a side shot of the leg support, please??

I love how the belt is fitting her... I think the issue with the recaro is because the belt comes from almost behind the booster... wouldn't be an issue in outboard/captain's chair seats in vans or other vehicles with a similar belt setup.

Andie

I vote for the vivo... and not to worry, I have my list of reasons.

2. seating room... he looked like he would quickly get too wide for the Parkway... it looked to be squeezing him, though I'm sure he was comfy. He looked so FREE in the Graco... it didn't seem to hug him anywhere. The vivo looked like it actually had a wider inner seating space and yet hugged him more because of the body wings, the angle of the armrests, and the headwings.

I love how the belt is fitting her... I think the issue with the recaro is because the belt comes from almost behind the booster... wouldn't be an issue in outboard/captain's chair seats in vans or other vehicles with a similar belt setup.

Yeah, he said the PW was squishing him. I'm not even considering one. We are going to get together again this weekend to see how the seats work in the Trooper. I'm hoping the fit will be as good in there as it is in the Focus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC