Question Wanting to buy the SK Monterey

family5oregon

I ment to say: wanting to BUY the SK Monterey

We are planning on buying the Monterey, but I needs some help.

Best store for DOM. (btw, what is the expiration date of this seat?)

Best price

Best shipping time

Color (no pink, it's for a boy)

I would realy appreciate if anyone could post picture of the seat they have. I have seen them in ads, but then in threads and the colors are way different.

Note: info in signature is current

Last edited:
ADS

ginny4

Re: Wanting to by the SK Monterey

i have no idea from where is good. i ordered mine last year when they first came out from elitecarseats for the sole reason of that i can return easily if it didn't work out. but to answer what i can....
monterey has a 6yr expiry
we have the red. its a beautiful bright red (blue toned) with darkish gray.
CarSeat064.jpg

does that help?

& in the sunlight..
CarSeat041.jpg

Last edited:

family5oregon

Thank you for the pics. The pics outside realy helped with the color.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DS wants the red, but I want to see the Grey and the Black.

DH noticed that it looks deeper than the Graco and the PW or was it just the way they were positioned?

ginny4

you're welcome. i'd love to see black too.

yes the seat is MUCH deeper which is why i love it so much for my leggy kids. the parkway was only around for a short time....my son said he felt like he was sliding off the seat. LOL
i have a depth pic too.
CarSeat051.jpg

MomToEliEm

We have a parkway and just this week bought a monterey. DD rode in it for the first time on Sunday. She said she liked it better then the parkway, though didn't really state why (maybe because it was a pink seat instead of a blue seat). The monterey is a really soft and sturdy feeling seat. I liked the fact that it latched easily in the truck.

sopapia

there's a coupon for hipmonkey.com for 15% off.

there's also a parkway (in tiffany) for sale at bedbathandbeyond.com for 79.99 and shipping is less than $10. dunno if you can buy a cover for that. maybe u can trade for a boyish cover.

family5oregon

DS doesn't complain about his seats. whoohoo. but there could always be a first. I have shown him pics of the seats and he say 'red'! I still want to see the seats in black and gray before deciding.

When does Hipmonkey's sale end? $ will be around the 1st of Feb. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

the grey looks so blah to me and black isn't released yet... it's the new one... and I dont' know how I'd feel about an all black seat... especially in summer...

the red is mesh, so very nice in summer... the grey is, too (not sure about pink).... I don't know what black will be.

We LOVE red... Jeffrey totally loves it. I do wish they made one in blue, cause I hear a lot of boy moms wanting that color, but one reason I was glad Jeffrey chose red was because it will work for his sister down the line, too.

family5oregon

the grey looks so blah to me and black isn't released yet... it's the new one... and I dont' know how I'd feel about an all black seat... especially in summer...

the red is mesh, so very nice in summer... the grey is, too (not sure about pink).... I don't know what black will be.

We LOVE red... Jeffrey totally loves it. I do wish they made one in blue, cause I hear a lot of boy moms wanting that color, but one reason I was glad Jeffrey chose red was because it will work for his sister down the line, too.

I've seen the black on ebay, I do agree about black in the sun. Our van has tinted windows by my Trooper doesn't.

DS does like the red and from the pics above it isn't such a bright red like ads show and the grey sides are not black, only grey.

I do whish it came in light blue :thumbsup: I woud pick that up in hear beat. DS and I LOVE :love: blue. We have the Saphaire PW and the Colonial SRC. I only have the Ivy League cover, on our second PW, to match the seat pattern on my Trooper. OOO, theres and idea different shades of tan/brown in the Monterey. Sorry of subject. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC