Kia Sedona

ajay

I think I've seen some of you here recommending the Kia Sedona. We are looking at an '07 and I'm mainly concerned with the reliability. I know they have a great warranty, but we would have to drive an hour to get to Kia to get it fixed. So, have you had a lot of issues with things going wrong or it being undriveable for periods of time?

Other than that, how do you find it as far as comfortability- both for daily driving and long trips?

Thanks so much!

ADS

armyfam

We have had our Kia Sedona for 2 years. I got it because of the stellar crash test ratings and the standard safety features that are generally optional with other minivans. I love driving it on a day to day basis and road trips have been great. That being said, it has been in the shop 3 times. One major problem and 2 minor problems. I have family with a Kia Sedona who hasn't had any problems. Maybe I got a dud? You can get some great deals on vans right now and the Kia van is a great deal in comparison to some of the other top brands. Maybe someone else will chime in on their experience. HTH

I have a 2007 base model kia sedona. I say go for it. I love it. We have had it now since June 2007 and have had no problems at all. I love it!

I am not a minvan person at all and was really worried about getting a kia, but now I think my next van will be a long base kia sedona ;-)

There are some AWSEOME deals right now on them. I am jealous of the deals now.

armyfam

I agree about getting a long based model. The third row seats fold into the floor which is wonderful during travel if you don't need to sit people in the third row. It was a lifesaver during Christmas when we needed the room to put all of the Santa presents.

Melanie

I've heard that the newer generation (06 & newer) is much better than the older ones. I have an 04 and it's been in the shop a gazillion times. I only keep it because it's paid for and I don't want another car payment right now.

They don't have great resale value, but if you are getting a smoking deal that may not matter much.

ladybug_mom

What do they have for Top Tether anchors and LATCH? I'm in research mode right now and this is on my list due to safety ratings. I have 3 in car seats 2 FF one RF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC