I've never seen this one before...Ladybug Car Seat!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Isn't that cute? I saw it the other day and thought it was. Don't know how high the slots go though.

CaseyRN

It's cute in a slighty creepy kind of way. I would rather have a cover with ladybugs on it rather than a cover that is one big lady bug.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Ah, yes, the lovely Intera. I had a love/hate relationship with that seat (I didn't have the ladybug cover). The good thing about it is that it has a nice tall shell. At the time, it was the only seat tall enough for R to RF to 35 lbs (the Radian only went to 33 at the time or she would have fit in it). It can be installed without which makes it nice and narrow and low, good for 3 across installs. I think Kashi has one for one of her LO's. I gave mine away when I got the Signo for R. Here is R RF in it:
3yrs7mosRFIntera.jpg

obamamama

I've never seen an Intera IRL. I like the cover idea, but could do without the big head on the headrest. LOL. Would probably scare my kids-- they don't like mascots or clowns either.

ginny4

certainly is an interesting cover compared to the others. but that pillow with the face is creepy otherwose i think its kinda cute.
i had an intera but then we had an accident so away it went. btw if anyone has an intera & wants spare covers i have them.
i actually liked the intera except when i had to wash the cover. taking the seat apart was HORRIBLE. we took it on vacation with us in a rental van & OMG having to uninstall & take it aprt to dry the cover at a hotel cause DS dumped a whole water bottle on his seat.....i was ready to THROW it out the door. i wanted to buy a new seat at 8pm on a sunday in the middle of nowhere. LOL
otherwise i liked the seat. it served my kids well especially for RFing

amy919

Is this new? My kids are seriously into ladybugs and always have been. I don't need a new seat, except for a HBB booster for Kaylie, but I wonder if this would work.

Can someone spam with me what you know about this seat in booster mode? Anyone have real life pics? They could have used a better pic and some pics of in it booster mode.

I personally think it's adorable, but again, we :love: ladybugs, so I'm biased. Only think I don't like is that creepy ladybug face at the top. Does that thing come off?

mominabigtruck

I thought interas were discontinued like more then a year ago, that's why they were all at big lots:confused: IIRC they only sold the ladybug one at sears and I've never seen it in person, but then I don't go to sears that often either.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
None of the Dorel 3-in-1 seats make good (or even acceptable, IMO) boosters. They tend to put the lap belt right across the tummy, and they don't adjust very high.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's really, really bad as a booster. It's bad all around (I'm sure it's safe when used properly, I wouldn't not put my kid in it...)Even the three year old down the street was thrilled to be out of it it was so uncomfortable (then I installed it RF for her baby sister and it LAY down flat...I mean, flat...Ok, so I'm biased, but I'm a good installer and that seat made me look bad, so I don't like it, lol). Anyway, that covers been out for years.... at least it has that cuteness going for it :love:

Is this new? My kids are seriously into ladybugs and always have been. I don't need a new seat, except for a HBB booster for Kaylie, but I wonder if this would work.

Can someone spam with me what you know about this seat in booster mode? Anyone have real life pics? They could have used a better pic and some pics of in it booster mode.

I personally think it's adorable, but again, we :love: ladybugs, so I'm biased. Only think I don't like is that creepy ladybug face at the top. Does that thing come off?

amy919

It's really, really bad as a booster. It's bad all around (I'm sure it's safe when used properly, I wouldn't not put my kid in it...)Even the three year old down the street was thrilled to be out of it it was so uncomfortable (then I installed it RF for her baby sister and it LAY down flat...I mean, flat...Ok, so I'm biased, but I'm a good installer and that seat made me look bad, so I don't like it, lol). Anyway, that covers been out for years.... at least it has that cuteness going for it :love:

Thanks, Jools. I figured as much. It is a cute seat, though. I might as well stick with a regular old TB since I can't find cowmoo PW to save my life :rolleyes:.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Oh, that's right! Now I remember the issue with RF without the base. It would start out at a decent angle and within a week be laying down flat. It HAD to have the base on when RF and it was a huge beast with the base on!
As far as the ladybug design, the head pillow was useless. It only got in the way and DD hated it so we took it off (it velcros onto the back of the seat IIRC). Maybe the ladybug would actually be cuter without it?!

ginny4

i have a pic of an original one with my DS.
the problem is the intera REQUIRES the vehcile headrest. liek the apex & i think most if not all the dorel booster req. also i think the lap belt sat pretty high on the abdomen. i only used it for one trip & kept for an emergency but then i decided to chuck it out to clear out space that i needed for other stuff
2007-8023.jpg

i could only use the intera with the base RF as well. i cuoldn't get an acceptable install without it. but i preferred the base anyway......it made it easier for my kids to crawl under the RF intera to get to their own seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC