Difference between Keyfit22 and Keyfit 30

fyrfightermomma

My babysitter really wants the keyfit for her next baby. She was going for the 22 because she wanted a light weight seat due to back problems. She thought it may be lighter than the 30.

I had thought that the 22 and 30 were the same exact seat but labeled with different weights. Same shell height, overall weight etc. Like the Radian 65 and 80....the same seats but labeled differently. Is that correct or not?

Also do you know the weights of infant seats off hand, or atleast these two? Is a Keyfit heavier or lighter than a SS1?

Thanks!

ADS

BW1426

Keyfit= 9lbs
SafeSeat= 9.75 lbs
Snugride32= 9.5 lbs
Snugride= 7.24 lbs
Designer 22= 5 lbs

As far as I knew the Keyfit 22 and 30 have the exact same dimensions.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, same seat, different labels (NOT that I would EVER recommend using the 22 over 22 pounds :eek:)

Where are those measurements from? Designer 22 is said to be 5 pounds? That seems unbelievably light :confused: (and the weight diffs in the SR32 and SS1 are probably because of different trim levels... gracopedic foam or boot or whatever extras the heavier one has)

Combi Connection was my lightest seat by far... I doubt it was under 7 pounds.

But, sigh, all seats are heavy with a baby in them.... The only seat I thought was extremely bulky and annoying was the Britax Companion.

Holly

I've always heard that they have the same seat shell and everything, but around Christmas time, my best friend from out of state came over with her Keyfit 30 and I thought it looked bigger than mine (I have the 22).
I didn't look that close though, and mine was not in the same room so I didn't see them side by side or anything.

fyrfightermomma

Warning!! This is me - totally sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong...

Does your opinion have much weight with her? If I had back problems, I really don't think I'd go for an infant carrier seat. OUCH! You might have her check out this article:
http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/child_health/car-seats.html

She's doubling the weight she'd have to carry (assuming aan approx 7lbs seat and approx 7lbs baby. Just a thought...:eek:

Yep. She trusts what I have to say since I'm a tech. She does want a infant carrier. Like me, she is NOT a baby wearing type so she's willing to lug it around. We talked about baby wearing since that's what I am going to do, but she does really want a carrier.

BW1426

Where are those measurements from? Designer 22 is said to be 5 pounds? That seems unbelievably light :confused: (and the weight diffs in the SR32 and SS1 are probably because of different trim levels... gracopedic foam or boot or whatever extras the heavier one has)

Elite Carseats puts it in their specs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC