Pic's - A year's worth of growth in the EFTA

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I had the EFTA in the house last night and took some new pic's of the kids in it for comparison. It's not exactly a year to the date, but within a couple weeks since we bought it. I was just shocked to see how much both kids have grown, and I'm still very happy with how it fits both of them. I thought you guys might like to see too. :thumbsup:

Ds: A year ago @ 21lbs, now @ 26lbs and 27mos old

Then:
DSC00428.jpg

Now:
DSC02744.jpg

Dd: A year ago @ 31lbs, now @ 37lbs and 4.5yrs old

Then:
DSC00421.jpg

Now:
DSC02750.jpg

And just for fun, here's one of the 2 of them. I think I have "corrupted" my kids since every time there's a carseat on the main floor they fight over who gets to sit in it and dd now proclaims it fun to just sit in the seat doing nothing. :rolleyes: :eek: Though I think she really was only saying it because she didn't want ds taking her place if she moved. lol.

DSC02745.jpg

ADS

Maedze

Holy cow! Your Ds changed right up from a wee baby to a big boy :love:

And your dd is really a strikingly purty kid.

firemomof3

One quick question, you have both the EFTA & true fit right? Is the crotch strap on the EFTA longer than the true fit?

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Great photos and Oh my gosh, I love your DD's hair!!! I'm tempted to have my DD's cut. She is 3 1/2 and it is almost to her waist. It's never been cut just her bangs. We've been growing the bangs out for about 3 months now but it is driving me nuts! Does your DD have thick or thin hair? My DD's hair is super fine and straight as a rail.

snowbird25ca

One quick question, you have both the EFTA & true fit right? Is the crotch strap on the EFTA longer than the true fit?

I think it might be a teeny tiny bit longer, but not by much if it is. In terms of depth though, I think it probably has more depth - maybe around 1/2" or so? I'll measure a little later if I get a chance and you can measure your TF and compare. (EFTA is in the house and TF is outside,and I'm cozied up for the night. :p) Dd is ever so slightly over the closest crotch position in the TF, and just behind the closer position on the EFTA. I have her on the outer position on the TF, though she just barely needs it.

That is really cool to see the growth! And such cute kiddos :) How much room does your DD have left?

DSC02733.jpg

This is uninstalled, so I'm guessing she'd lose about 1/2" in the vehicle since our seats in our vehicle create some extra recline. In our truck I imagine she'd last longer in the EFTA because it installs more upright than the TF does in the position dd sits.

snowbird25ca

Great photos and Oh my gosh, I love your DD's hair!!! I'm tempted to have my DD's cut. She is 3 1/2 and it is almost to her waist. It's never been cut just her bangs. We've been growing the bangs out for about 3 months now but it is driving me nuts! Does your DD have thick or thin hair? My DD's hair is super fine and straight as a rail.

Thanks. :) Her hair is really fine, but there's lots of it. She has the type of hair that it is always ratted at the back of her head when she wakes up and the ends start splitting quickly if we don't keep it trimmed semi-regularly. She's not cooperative in terms of keeping in pony tails or anything in for longer than a couple hours at a time, so it's easier to keep it short, lol.

snowbird25ca

I can't believe how much they've grown in a year! Your DS especially just looks so grown up now! They're both so cute!

I know, you don't realize how much kids change and grow until you line up the pictures side by side. It's kind of neat to see in one way, and kind of sad in another. :eek:

Holy cow! Your Ds changed right up from a wee baby to a big boy :love:

And your dd is really a strikingly purty kid.

Thanks. :) Ds certainly doesn't have that baby look anymore, though he's still my baby. I imagine I'll still feel that way when he's 8 or 10 though. :p

Chex

Wow! I really like that seat!

And your kids are super-cute! They look so much alike, both with those big, beautiful eyes!

snowbird25ca

Wow, Jonas has REALLY grown! I love the look on Jillian's face in the current photo :)

LOL, I know. You hear of parents taking comparison pic's of their kids with a stuffed animal as they grow, I never got around to that, but just happened to end up doing it with a carseat. :p

Thanks Chex. I really do like my EFTA and it fits both kids wonderfully. It's the only seat that has seen solid use for an entire year since I found the joy of trying new seats, so I guess that says something. :eek:

jsmom

They are adorable! We had an EFTA but its on loan :)

As far as sitting in the seat, lol I think if my daughter had to choose between a toy and a carseat, she would choose to play with the seat lol. Even in stores, she gets excited when she sees one esp if its like one of hers.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thanks for posting! They both have amazing smiles for the camera, they look completely at ease and like they are naturals at having their pics taken!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC