WWYD? To trade or not to trade???

mykidsmylife

So my MIL bought a Graco Turbo Booster to keep at her house for the grandkids.. (Well 2 of them).

Thing is I REALLY like the Turbo Booster and think I may want it. LOL.
This is the one she bought:
gracoturbbooster.jpg

We currently have a FPSV booster for him. I don't like how flimsy it is and feel the Turbo Booster will offer him more.
Here is his current booster:

008.jpg

Would you go ahead and swap?

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

How would your MIL feel? Slighted that you took her booster? Glad that she got something so awesome, you wanted it for yourself? Not care one way or the other?

It would really depend on how she would react, for me.

mykidsmylife

Oh no she already said she has no issues with it. LOL. She thought origanlly I was going to take it anyways. I told her no that I wanted her to have a booster so when we came I didn't have to bring one. LOL.

I think I may do it...

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I would totally trade. I had one of those FPSV boosters and I hated it because it felt so flimsy. I didn't use it any longer than I had to.

momto2princes

Actually I would buy one so that he was in the turbo in both cars and get rid of the seat you have. If $ is an issue and you don't want to buy one I would definitely trade so that whatever car he spent the most time riding in he was in the turbo!

mykidsmylife

Yeah money is an issue and dh shot down the idea of a German booster :(.....
We are not there often and my barley 5 yr old barley 40lbs neice will be using the FPSV this summer in Fl.. Other then that the seat my MIL has may get used maybe once a year....

I think I am going to trade and show my SIL how to use the booster as well as my MIL....

christineka

I would trade. It looks like your ds' legs aren't big enough for the fp booster. (Hard to tell since he has them to the side.) The turbobooster has a shorter base length, so shorter legged kids fit better.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Weird - we have both boosters, too, and I've always felt they were about the same sturdiness!

I agree with the PP who said the Turbo might be a better fit for his legs, though.

Kat_Momof3

I see that is a third row of a caravan... so I have a LONG list of reasons to opt for the fpsv booster over the graco.

1. tipping - fpsv does not tip, fits well, belt does not twist in guide. Turbobooster tips... it's also harder to buckle because of how wide it is... it wants to sit on the buckle...

2. available seat height - in my third row, the turbo hit the inside side of the van and couldn't be raised all the way when it needed to go up further... but the fpsv was able to be used to the tallest height setting..... still the only booster I've found that can... it's the thin and close together headwings.

3. seat width - whether fitting 3 across or seating a small boy like your son (who appears to use it on its narrowest width), the width adjustability is a fabulous thing to have on the fpsvb. the turbo is hard or impossible for 3-acrosses in the third row and of course is a pretty wide booster for skinnier kids.

Anyway... I wouldn't put a turbo in my third row again if you paid me (don't care how badly Ruthie loves pink and purple)

The only thing I like about my FPSV is I can fit 3-across with it and I like the belt guide on it.
I hate how flimsy it feels.

That said I love the Graco booster over the FPSV for better support ;-)! I hate how the belt gets twisty on it.

mykidsmylife

Kat_MOM
You definetly gave me some things to think about. My MIL drives a T&C so I will see how it works in her van.
Johnathon will be sitting rear outer so the seat most definetly needs to fit.

The seatbelt locks and keeps seats from tipping so that isn't a huge concern. The Parkway was also a tipper but locking the seatbelt prevented that.

Thanks for bringing all this up...:thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

I thought the belts locked at the buckle in the T&C... same as the dodge.
I didn't know they locked at the retractor.

mykidsmylife

They lock at the buckle....

But I have to flip mine back to lock them and the boosters don't tip when I do it....

The Parkway tipped like crazy and so did the AOE in booster mode. I couldn't figure it out to save my life then I realized that they were not locking...

I am going to give it a try in my MIL's van aslo b/c I want to make sure my neice is safe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC