MA cover questions

Splash

Okay, I'm getting closer and closer to ordering a MA for Sam and selling or otherwise disposing of one of the BVs. But I don't know which cover.

They DO still make Onyx in the MA, it's just not on the main page of covers. That one would be best, since it matches Charlie's Regent. So it should be a non-issue, since it drives me nuts if my seats don't match. But if I have the opportunity to get any cover I want, well... shouldn't I?

My other choices would be Cowmoo (which I honestly would never buy, so forget that it is an option) and All-Star blue. But the one that I really feel like I should get is denim.

The denim is boring and ugly and is not 100% cotton but it's the most breathable of any of the seats. He'll be RF in FL without rear air. Charlie did it in an Onyx BV and is was murder in the summers. But maybe there will be more airflow without the headwings?

What do you think? Should I get the ugly denim and deal with the seat not matching deal, in the hopes that my child will be more comfortable? Or should I get the Onyx so my seats match? Is the denim really that much cooler than the other covers?

ADS

CaseyRN

Honestly Splash....I think you should get the Onyx b/c I just don't think you could really get over not having the seats match. And the black regent with the blue MA I think would really irk you every time you got in the car. :whistle::twocents:

I know nothing of the breathability factor....sorry! I got Mariposa for DD 'cause it was pretty. (and thus she was sweaty)

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I had the denim cover on a WZ. It was durable, but wasn't cute or nice looking in any way (imo). I'd get the onyx and I agree with emandbri - it would be nice to have a denim one for when it's really hot. What kind of fabric is the onyx? I guess I've never seen one IRL. If it's anything like the Erin cover we have, it would be horrible and sweaty in hot weather.

Splash

It's slick nylon. Not furry (well, furry on the sides, but not down the middle), but not breatable.

MustangMama

I think the denim covers are ugly......:duck:

I would so get the Onyx, it is my favorite and it will match Charlie's seat :thumbsup:

Could you put a thin recieving blanket on it and cut some holes for the harness if it tends to bother him on the days it is too hot?

Maybe it won't bother him at all......:whistle:

momto2princes

Onyx hands down.

I don't think you will be able to beat the heat with any difference with the other cover so why not have them match!

You can get covers to go over the seats when they are not being used to get them cool so at least it won't be hot before your son gets in.

Lara

The denim and couture covers were a lot cooler in my experience (and I understand the heat, I live in the middle of the desert lol), but I never had onyx or the like, just other furry covers. I'd probably get an onyx and then if it becomes a problem in the summer get a spare denim cover.

brooklynsmommy

We had the Olivia cover for Brooklyn when we first bought her MA. She was covered in sweat (in Oregon of all places) when we would get her out of the car. It wasn't just her whole body. It was any part that was up against the seat. I got a denim one used from someone and it's like an entirely different seat. She doesn't sweat at all. The cover is from 2004 though. Maybe it's different. We will be getting new seats here with our tax check. I can pass on the cover when we destroy the seat if you want.

Kat_Momof3

I just gotta vote for cowmoo... the white parts (and there are enough) help with the heat... and the tan lines that make it look like a cow hide dirt easily.

I think that's your best bet.

However, if not the cowmoo, then I vote for allstar!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC