Nautilus Elite on Goore's

crunchierthanthou

goores.com

tan and... gray, of course.

check out the features
Extended 5-point harness fits kids up to 65 lbs. to keep them safer longer
Converts from 5-point harness to high-back booster for children 30-100 lbs. and backless booster for children 40-100 lbs.
Steel reinforced frame provides strength and durability
Three-position recline to get the correct installation and comfort
Wider, padded armrests are extra comfy
Head rest can be easily adjusted in one hand so it changes with child's growth
Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. standard:
U.S. Compliance Standard FMVSS 213
New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) – peak Crash Force approximately
2X Car Seat Standard
Extreme Car Interior Temperatures
EPS energy absorbing foam
Cup holder & convenient side storage keep must-haves handy
Innovative belt lock-off tightly secures vehicle seatbelt
Adjustable Head Support

:scratcheshead:

Last edited:
ADS

BeckC

Geesh, Graco needs to get a clue. Who is picking out these fabrics? It's getting ridiculous.

So it sounds like the new Nautilus is the old Nautilus plus lockoffs, more recline options, and adjustable head support (I remember reading that it adjusts widthwise right? Or am I crazy?)

I don't think I'd pay $230 for that, even though I really do like the Nautilus.

ETA: Yea, wth is "Extreme Car Interior Temperatures"? Does it come with it's own "extreme" climate control or something? :ROTFLMAO:

MustangMama

Geesh, Graco needs to get a clue. Who is picking out these fabrics? It's getting ridiculous.

:ROTFLMAO: I totally agree! Blondie87 posted a new thread about a pink one she found today called Rachel. It is probably the cutest one next to the Reese.

Grrrrr Graco. They would get more business if they had some nice covers :twocents:

crunchierthanthou

What is "2X Car Seat Standard" ?

I think it wasn't supposed to be it's own bullet point and is continued from the line above it. it probably was supposed to be-

"New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) – peak Crash Force approximately 2X Car Seat Standard"

I've read that the headrest adjusts laterally as well. It also has gracopedic foam (Graco's name for memory comfort foam). You can see the patch on the lower right.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The thing is though that some of their infant seat covers are AWESOME. Even some of the CS covers are decent. What, do they think that parents (and kids) magically stop liking cute carseat covers once the kid turns 3? (Britax obviously doesn't think so. Get on board Graco!)

emandbri

eh. have you seen the Regent or Frontier? Britax has okay convertible covers, the same as Graco (that Graco's convertible isn't worth much is another matter ;)).

I totally agree! The choices of covers are VERY limited after a convertible. I find it very frustrating.

family5oregon

I looked at the description and at the pictures. It says 'Wider, padded armrests are extra comfy' I can't tell if it is wider. To me it looks the same as the others and the removable pad goes up the sides a little.

I went to Graco and they do not have it on thier site yet. I want to look at it closer.

I agree colors could use ALOT of work. I am so tired of gray.

Here's a thought, Graco should create a sub site to creat your own covers for your seat. Just a thougth. :twocents:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
eh. have you seen the Regent or Frontier? Britax has okay convertible covers, the same as Graco (that Graco's convertible isn't worth much is another matter ;)).

There are (well, used to be) some cute Regent covers, at least for girls. My niece LOVES her Madison Regent. I think Huntington's actually rather cute too.

I agree the Frontier is teh stink, but it's so new I have hope once it's a well-established seller they'll release nicer colors/patterns.

mominabigtruck

Can you imagine if they did the lizard cover from the tb on a nautilus. I would totally have to buy one then.

I just don't understand the whole if you're a girl of course you need a pink frou frou cover but if you're a boy you should be happy with gray or tan:confused: Where's the blue or green or red ones with cars/trucks or animals or even trains?

Qarin

See, I like the plain colors. I don't understand why kids need to have gendered and patterned chairs at all. My DH sits on my MIL's floral-covered dining chairs without issue, I can sit in a deep brown leather recliner (and will, any time it's available!). My car has gray leather seats, and I'm totally happy with shades of gray, black, tan for the car seats that sit on them (and so are my kids, though they don't seem to be overly aware that they're supposed to sit on Fun Kid Prints).

Perhaps Graco's marketing research has found more boring, staid, curmudgeonly old parents like me than fun, colorful, young, interesting parents like many of y'all. :)

Though really, yeah, red and green both need more play.

MustangMama

Here's a thought, Graco should create a sub site to creat your own covers for your seat

That would be sooooooo cool! :thumbsup: Kinda like how you can design your credit cards these days!

And I thought the same thing about the arm rest description. I think this description is just for the seat in general and it didn't change for the Elite version.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
In regards to the "extreme car interior temperatures" comment...

The SS1 in Canada came with advertising either on a tag or on the box - I don't remember where it was that I read it now when I bought mine, that it was tested for extreme temperatures. Basically they put it through the same kind of extreme temperatures it goes through in a vehicle of really hot and really cold and the variations and shifts in temperature to see if it had any effect on the integrity of the shell of the carseat.

I've always suspected that they did it on their other seats too and just used it as a selling point of the SS1, but maybe not? I just don't see them feeling it's important enough to do on some seats and not bother on others... :confused:

eta: I'm going to go against the grain and say I really like that cover. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if their marketing research had shown more parents wanted solid and neutral covers than exciting covers. We carry 3 different MA covers at work in stock, plus have another 1 that's special order, and the most popular selling one is the Onyx. Maybe it's the reason why every time new seats come in they seem to be shades of black and brown. :rolleyes: Though I'm sure part of the thinking very well could be mud and snow related...

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I like the Elite cover. It won't clash with most car interiors, for those who care about that.

I don't care much about covers overall. My daughter cares a little, and when possible, I'll try to respect her wishes -- I was willing to drive a little farther and pay a little more for the Mariposa Nautilus that she adores, but I'm not going to be buying extra covers as accessories.

Although maybe I'm a hypocrite, because daughter misses her beloved CowMoo Marathon. If Britax ever makes a CowMoo Frontier (or booster if they start making them again), I'll probably indulge her.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
In regards to the "extreme car interior temperatures" comment...

The SS1 in Canada came with advertising either on a tag or on the box - I don't remember where it was that I read it now when I bought mine, that it was tested for extreme temperatures. Basically they put it through the same kind of extreme temperatures it goes through in a vehicle of really hot and really cold and the variations and shifts in temperature to see if it had any effect on the integrity of the shell of the carseat.

I've always suspected that they did it on their other seats too and just used it as a selling point of the SS1, but maybe not? I just don't see them feeling it's important enough to do on some seats and not bother on others... :confused:

Well, Britax has always frozen and baked their seats and re-tested them afterwards and then not used it as a selling point... :whistle: I wonder if it's 'required' now or something? Or Graco is trying it out only on certain seats in certain markets to see if it spurs sales? Hmmmm...

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I actually like that cover. :eek:

I like plain covers, though. My favorite Britax covers are Crocodile, Canyon, and Berkshire Tan. Granted, I also like Cowmooflage and a few of the other "fun" covers. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC