Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Unregistered

Britax dark blue base- how old?

Someone on Craigslist is selling 2 Britax carseats (I believe Marathons) and is claiming they expire in 2012. Isn't the dark blue base from at least 10 years ago?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Re: Britax dark blue base- how old?

Marathons were never manufactured with a blue base, but Britax Roundabouts were. Roundabouts with a blue base were last manufactured in 2000 and would have all expired by now.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Unregistered

ok thanks.
    I just asked what the DOM sticker on the seat says and she claims it says November 8, 2006
    It's just one car seat for sale, but she said it comes with two covers. But the photos are of two different seats (both dark blue bases)

Could they have been made out of the country?

Not that I am even considering buying a used car seat, the ad just caught my eye, and now I'm on a roll regarding the dark blue bases!!
    Last edited by Jeanum; 01-18-2009 at 06:45 PM. Reason: snipped link due to forum policy about not publicly linking to CL seats

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar

Not possible for RAs. The last time blue base model RAs were manufactured was nearly 9 years ago, in 2000. Please note that we're really skirting the forum's policy about not publicly discussing seats for sale on CL/eBay and only bending the rules here a tad just to answer your question. There's a sticky post at the top the Carseat Chat forum regarding the policy.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Unregistered

Red face Re: Britax dark blue base- how old?

YIKES! Ooops sorry! Thanks much for answering anyway.

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Yup the last blue base Britax convertible was the RA and around 2000. I had one made in 98 and the other in 2000.
    Tam
    Certified Canadian CRS Technician-Instructor

DD#1, Aug 1999
    DS, May 2001
    DD#2, Aug 2007

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

If it was manufactured in 2000, maybe the 2006 date she found was the expiration date? I can't remember if my 2000 RA had a sticker with the expiration date or not.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!