Question Dorel changing to 35 lb rf limit...

featherhead

I know I saw it posted here that Dorel would be changing to a 35 lb rf limit this year. Does anyone have any more info on that? When, which seats, etc? I'm hoping to get a Scenera as a spare seat for my dd before I have my baby in April, and I thought it would be nice if I could wait for a 35 lb limit seat...

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Do you mean that they will be switching on their Canadian seats?

Their US versions, which can be used in some countries other than the US, have a 35-pound RF limit already.

featherhead

Yeah, apparently they are changing the limit on the Canadian seats. I know we now have the 35lb rf, 50 lb ff 3-in-1s. I'm just wondering when they are changing the other seats.

If I could, I would definitely use a US Scenera (they're half the price!). But I know a couple from my church who got a hefty fine for using a US seat. I'd rather pay a little more for a Canadian one, and know I'm not breaking any laws:)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If I could, I would definitely use a US Scenera (they're half the price!). But I know a couple from my church who got a hefty fine for using a US seat. I'd rather pay a little more for a Canadian one, and know I'm not breaking any laws:)

Oh, yeah, I definitely wouldn't recommend using a US seat in Canada. :) They aren't approved there and there is heavy enforcement (which I think is great!) of that law. :)

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Yeah, apparently they are changing the limit on the Canadian seats. I know we now have the 35lb rf, 50 lb ff 3-in-1s. I'm just wondering when they are changing the other seats.

I don't know if the Scenera would be more than 30 lbs. Has it ever been higher than 30 lbs? I can't remember but maybe even the model before, Touriva, I think was not ever 35 lbs when the AO was 35 lbs rf in Canada.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't know if the Scenera would be more than 30 lbs. Has it ever been higher than 30 lbs? I can't remember but maybe even the model before, Touriva, I think was not ever 35 lbs when the AO was 35 lbs rf in Canada.

Touriva and regal ride were both 35lbs rf'ing at one point, but I have no clue if it the Scenera was higher or if it was common to find when the 35lb rf'ing limit was around?

If I were to guess I would guess that if the Scenera limit is increased, it won't be for awhile. I think that realistically only the new 3in1 seats are going to have the 35lb rf'ing limit for awhile if the reason for the reduction back in 2004 was indeed due to the fitment requirements part of CMVSS...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC