Question Britax MA at Costco

purplemama

I saw a MA at Costco a few weeks ago so I finally had a chance to play with a Britax. I really liked it but it would be a little bit before DS fit in it, he wasn't quite to the bottom slots (at 13 months!). I just don't see how they can say a 5 lbs baby could fit in that.
My main question is how the harness tightens. Now, I know I tighten his harness in the Titan too tight, but I could still get a huge pinch on that MA in the store. And that was pulling until I could pull no more. I'm used to pulling down on the splitter plate to help tighten the Titan so maybe that's the difference. Or maybe just a played with too much floor display? Anyone ever have a concern with this?
I wish wish wish I would have known they have the MA at costco for $199 before I got our Titans. I want one soooo bad. I just simply can't justify it right now. Arrrrgh.

ADS

munchkin

I really liked it but it would be a little bit before DS fit in it, he wasn't quite to the bottom slots (at 13 months!). I just don't see how they can say a 5 lbs baby could fit in that.

Wow, you must have a tiny one! My nephew reached the bottom slots right around 2 months old. His torso is long and his legs are short, though!

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
If you have the Titans and they fit your little one, don't even stress over the MA!! They are great seats and I have really loved ours, but the Titan is safe and will serve your little one well.

The MA has sort of ratcheting tightening system. You do one long pull and a few short ones. FF it's a breeze, rf it can be a pain. I would always sort of climb into the back of the car to get ds's seat tight when he was rf.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I just switched my RF'er out of a MA and into a Graco CS. There were a few other reasons, but this tightening issue was one of them. I never felt like I got it as tight as I like even after pulling a lot. I can get a much more snug fit with the CS harness. Like a PP said, I don't seem to have the same problem with my FF'ers in the MA.

NannyMom

I've noticed with in store display MArathons, often the seat cover harness slots are not lined up with the seat shell correctly. So it looks like the bottom slots of the cover, but it's actually routed through the 2nd from bottom slots of the seat. Either that or you do have a tiny little one.

I went from a Titan to a Marathon myself. At first I hated the Marathon. But it deffinetly grew on me :) You may have to pull a few more times to get the harness tight with the Marathon.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I just switched my RF'er out of a MA and into a Graco CS. There were a few other reasons, but this tightening issue was one of them. I never felt like I got it as tight as I like even after pulling a lot. I can get a much more snug fit with the CS harness. Like a PP said, I don't seem to have the same problem with my FF'ers in the MA.

Very interesting. I am not a fan of the CS rear facing. A friend has one and the harness adjuster is buried. You cannot reach it unless you recline the seat back. VERY annoying imo. Far more annoying to me than the ratcheting thing on the MA.

purplemama

Thanks for the tips about the harness adjuster, next time we go to costco I'll have to play with it again (if DS will let me he has now discovered tantrums:().

I measured his torso (best I could) and he's maybe 10 1/2 possibly 11 inches. So the MA should fit, right? I read on their site that the bottom slots are 10.
I'm okay with the Titan, it's just that sometimes the continous harness drives me insane. So I'd love an MA but.... it would be fine to keep him in the Titan until we flip him forward (at like 5 if he doesn't start growing) and then get a nautilius or something like that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC