Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

TA retrofit for 98 Nissan Pathfinder

Can someone give me the relevant information? Where do the tethers go, how many can be put in, how much will it cost, part number if necessary? Thanks!
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 12, Bridget, 10, Maggie, 8, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: TA retrofit for 98 Nissan Pathfinder

88894-89900

3- 8MM weld nuts under carpet in rear cargo area

Cost is about $15

Does it say (or do you know) where in the rear area the nuts are? And will the anchors come with instructions on how to install or how to find the correct place? (They really probably can't afford to have them installed for them.)

Although if it's really complicated we may just send the money to get it done by the dealer.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Well, it says.

The bracket is in the kit, the bolt is usually pre-installed in the anchor point (8mm weld nut). If not, purchase the correct-size bolt separately from the dealer. There is no part number for the bolt, but the exact size is specified in the owner's manual. Nissan uses 8mm weld nuts and 8mm X 1.25 bolts in most of its vehicles.

So, I would say, look for a bolt. I have not done tethers in one of those yet.

Thanks so much. That sounds easy enough to do that I think my cousin can do it himself. Will it say in the manual where exactly they are, like with a picture? (I'm guessing probably.) I think I'll front them the $$ to get 3 so they can play around with seats and put the FF kiddo wherever they want to.

I did one in a Subaru. It was fairly easy. I found the point, and just screwed everything in. The instructions will explain everything.

Perfect, thanks!