Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: ot: eddie bauer

ot: eddie bauer

So, um...who/what is Eddie Bauer, and why are there carseats with that brand, and cars and tents?
    Was Eddie Bauer ever a real dude?
    apparently, people put stuff here.
    imagine:
    photos of my extremely adorable spawn.
    their stats and a
    witty quote.

posted from my computer using the internet...
    Super SEEEEKRIT stuff here.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

bucket2
    I'd bet he was. L.L Bean was a real dude and so are most of the other "named" clothing (Levi Strauss, Liz Calbourne, et. al.).

Try googling him.

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar
    Good question!!!

I, myself, am not at all impressed by the "Eddie Bauer" name. Why is there a clothing store name on a truck (Ford) and on baby products? I don't get it...

If I was going to be impressed by a store/designer/brand name on baby products, I would probably be a lot more impressed by Ann Taylor, BCBG, Coach, Dolce & Gabbana (my favorite ABCDs!), or a myriad of other "designers." Even then, I can't see myself getting super excited about any of that.

What I reallydon't understand is when people are SO loyal to that Eddie Bauer name that they don't care what they are buying as long as it says "Eddie Bauer." Hmmm.... that's wierd.

Here is one possible explanation of who Eddie Bauer was.

Here is another explanation of who Eddie Bauer was.

These two explanations give basically the same information- one is more condensed than the other.

The Eddie Bauer name is just licensed by Cosco for use on some of their seat covers. You can get an identical Cosco seat for $20 or so less by buying the "normal" cover. It's just done to attract the parents who shop by brand--I've seen die hard Evenflo fans as well so it isn't just "famous" names. I used to work with a gal who wouldn't buy anything that didn't have a name brand and she was flabbergasted when I told her Eddie Bauer didn't make her car seat.

It's all an elitist motive. You have a fancy brand name showing, you're higher up in society. So, while paying a little more for an Eddie Bauer Ford product gets you a few goodies and leather seats, the Eddie Bauer name on a Cosco seat just gets you three inches of fancy embroidery. That's it.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    Oooh, I'd love a buttery soft Coach carseat...Leather really isn't THAT hot...it'd make a great booster. Britax really should get ahold of that license.... or Recaro...leather would be great on a Recaro Start (think it would cost, what, $699? But I'm sure some fashionista would love it in her Hummer or Lexus, right?)

Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus Jeanum's Avatar
    As one of my friends says, Eddie Bauer is code for "Extra Bucks" on any product bearing the label, lol.
    Regards,
    Jean

DD1 Age 16, 66" Driver's Ed
    DD2 Age 12, 64" 5 steps

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joolsplus2
    Oooh, I'd love a buttery soft Coach carseat...Leather really isn't THAT hot...it'd make a great booster. Britax really should get ahold of that license.... or Recaro...leather would be great on a Recaro Start (think it would cost, what, $699? But I'm sure some fashionista would love it in her Hummer or Lexus, right?)
    LOL! Wouldn't that be cool? But, as we have seen with the Titanium/Leather Maclaren Techno, adding leather to a product REALLY hikes up that price. Well, so does adding titanium, I guess. But, can you imagine a Coach Britax? Wow!!!

As much as I love Coach, I still don't think I would be drawn to buy it just because it says Coach, like some people do with their Eddie Bauer seats. Now, if I saw a handbag that said Coach, I could probably be enticed to buy that!

While I admit that I am not in love with Eddie Bauer car seats,
    I DO have one Eddie Bauer product that I could not do without....my diaper bag!!!!
    I have tried SO many brands for the 4 kids over the years, and I thought Lands End was pretty decent
    but I love, love, LOVE my E.B bag!!!
    Michelle ~ Mom to 4
    DD16 - adult seat belt, DS 14 - adult seat belt,
    DD 11 - Britax Frontier (booster), DD 9 - Graco Nautilus (booster)

My sister loves her Eddie Bauer Diaper Bag too. She has the midnight blue (it is PRETTY) messenger bag with the two magnetic pockets on the front. It is really nice! I like it too. But I would have still liked it even if it didn't say Eddie Bauer on it... LOL

Someone recently asked me why I don't recommend EB seats. My response was that it's like getting a Geo Metro with a Porche label. It's still a Metro, but you're gonna pay big bucks for the Porche logo.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

bucket2
    Not to beat the dead horse, but brand name isn't too far from college or pro sports covers

My brother, dad, BIL would buy/have bought almost anything if it says Huskers/Nebraska on it.

Personally, I would have trouble with some of the colors: bright orange seat (TN and others) in most cars (especially my burgundy).

Now the K State purple. . . that would be another story

Since I don't use my seats on a daily or even weekly basis, I'm all about bang for the buck (seat that works for my variety pack of kiddos and my car and not too much $$) - not so much about color. Hence, my infamous blue/white Airway.

I agree. The boys' Parkways are the first time I've chosen a seat due to color - and then I'd already chosen the seat, I just let the boys choose the cover for that seat.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

My last DD had the Eddie Bauer infant seat (Designer 22).
    I liked it better than the Evenflo 'On My Way' that I had for my first 2 kids, but no where near as much as the Snugride that I had for my 3rd.
    (We thought we were done after 3 and gave that away - Ugh!)
    DH did NOT like the Snugride because DD #3 outgrew it so fast. (around 7 mos), and the E.B. was his idea. (I caved) I will admit that the E.B. lasted my last baby until she was 17 months old, and it was much easier to attatch/detatch from the base than the snugride was.
    Michelle ~ Mom to 4
    DD16 - adult seat belt, DS 14 - adult seat belt,
    DD 11 - Britax Frontier (booster), DD 9 - Graco Nautilus (booster)