ot: eddie bauer

Simplysomething

So, um...who/what is Eddie Bauer, and why are there carseats with that brand, and cars and tents?
Was Eddie Bauer ever a real dude?

ADS
B

bucket2

I'd bet he was. L.L Bean was a real dude and so are most of the other "named" clothing (Levi Strauss, Liz Calbourne, et. al.).

Try googling him.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Good question!!! :confused: :) :p

I, myself, am not at all impressed by the "Eddie Bauer" name. Why is there a clothing store name on a truck (Ford) and on baby products? I don't get it...

If I was going to be impressed by a store/designer/brand name on baby products, I would probably be a lot more impressed by Ann Taylor, BCBG, Coach, Dolce & Gabbana (my favorite ABCDs!), or a myriad of other "designers." Even then, I can't see myself getting super excited about any of that.

What I reallydon't understand is when people are SO loyal to that Eddie Bauer name that they don't care what they are buying as long as it says "Eddie Bauer." Hmmm.... that's wierd.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Here is one possible explanation of who Eddie Bauer was.

Here is another explanation of who Eddie Bauer was.

These two explanations give basically the same information- one is more condensed than the other.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
The Eddie Bauer name is just licensed by Cosco for use on some of their seat covers. You can get an identical Cosco seat for $20 or so less by buying the "normal" cover. It's just done to attract the parents who shop by brand--I've seen die hard Evenflo fans as well so it isn't just "famous" names. I used to work with a gal who wouldn't buy anything that didn't have a name brand and she was flabbergasted when I told her Eddie Bauer didn't make her car seat.

It's all an elitist motive. You have a fancy brand name showing, you're higher up in society. So, while paying a little more for an Eddie Bauer Ford product gets you a few goodies and leather seats, the Eddie Bauer name on a Cosco seat just gets you three inches of fancy embroidery. That's it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oooh, I'd love a buttery soft Coach carseat...Leather really isn't THAT hot...it'd make a great booster. Britax really should get ahold of that license.... or Recaro...leather would be great on a Recaro Start (think it would cost, what, $699? But I'm sure some fashionista would love it in her Hummer or Lexus, right?)

:cool:

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
As one of my friends says, Eddie Bauer is code for "Extra Bucks" on any product bearing the label, lol.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
joolsplus2 said:
Oooh, I'd love a buttery soft Coach carseat...Leather really isn't THAT hot...it'd make a great booster. Britax really should get ahold of that license.... or Recaro...leather would be great on a Recaro Start (think it would cost, what, $699? But I'm sure some fashionista would love it in her Hummer or Lexus, right?)

LOL! Wouldn't that be cool? But, as we have seen with the Titanium/Leather Maclaren Techno, adding leather to a product REALLY hikes up that price. Well, so does adding titanium, I guess.:p But, can you imagine a Coach Britax? Wow!!!

As much as I love Coach, I still don't think I would be drawn to buy it just because it says Coach, like some people do with their Eddie Bauer seats. Now, if I saw a handbag that said Coach, I could probably be enticed to buy that! :) :p

Michi

While I admit that I am not in love with Eddie Bauer car seats,
I DO have one Eddie Bauer product that I could not do without....my diaper bag!!!!
I have tried SO many brands for the 4 kids over the years, and I thought Lands End was pretty decent
but I love, love, LOVE my E.B bag!!!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My sister loves her Eddie Bauer Diaper Bag too. She has the midnight blue (it is PRETTY) messenger bag with the two magnetic pockets on the front. It is really nice! I like it too. But I would have still liked it even if it didn't say Eddie Bauer on it... LOL :)

skaterbabs

Someone recently asked me why I don't recommend EB seats. My response was that it's like getting a Geo Metro with a Porche label. It's still a Metro, but you're gonna pay big bucks for the Porche logo.

B

bucket2

Not to beat the dead horse, but brand name isn't too far from college or pro sports covers :p

My brother, dad, BIL would buy/have bought almost anything if it says Huskers/Nebraska on it.

Personally, I would have trouble with some of the colors: bright orange seat (TN and others) in most cars (especially my burgundy).

Now the K State purple. . . that would be another story :D

Since I don't use my seats on a daily or even weekly basis, I'm all about bang for the buck (seat that works for my variety pack of kiddos and my car and not too much $$) - not so much about color. Hence, my infamous blue/white Airway.

skaterbabs

I agree. The boys' Parkways are the first time I've chosen a seat due to color - and then I'd already chosen the seat, I just let the boys choose the cover for that seat. ;)

Michi

My last DD had the Eddie Bauer infant seat (Designer 22).
I liked it better than the Evenflo 'On My Way' that I had for my first 2 kids, but no where near as much as the Snugride that I had for my 3rd.
(We thought we were done after 3 and gave that away - Ugh!)
DH did NOT like the Snugride because DD #3 outgrew it so fast. (around 7 mos), and the E.B. was his idea. (I caved) I will admit that the E.B. lasted my last baby until she was 17 months old, and it was much easier to attatch/detatch from the base than the snugride was.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC