Help me decide... MA or TF

Karen

This will be used for DS who is about 32 pounds now and will be 3 in April for a few months and then for DD who is 7 months long term in DH's car. It is getting really hard for me to get him in RFing, and I NEVER thought I'd say this... but I think I am going to turn him at 3. I may totally chicken out before then, but that is how I feel about it now. Whenever it occurs, I will get him a Nauti for that car. DD has a snugride in there right now, but she has about an inch left before she outgrows it in height. Therefore, whatever I buy will be for his temporary use and her long term use. I am between an Ashley Floral MA (seriously, $100 off!!!) and a True Fit. I really love my Britax seats and am leaning toward it, but so many people love love love their TF. So, sell me on a TF. Or, tell me that $100 off is a fantastic deal and I can get a new cover later.

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

Well, it is a great price on the Marathon. But the TF has higher harness slots than the MA and more leg room.

btw- for a minute I thought you said DS was using the snugride and I though :eek: OMG, she seemed to understand carseats... how could she have him in a snugride and think he still fits :eek: Then I reread and saw you said DD :whistle: lol

MOM25BOYS

Honestly with myself being a die hard Britax fan too I have to say that the TF makes a awesome FF seat.:D My DS found it to be soooo much more roomier and less confining than his MA was. Plus DS3 had more room left in the TF than in the MA. It was just a better fit for him. I loved it had a lower seating to it and not up on a pedestal like the MA. That makes it alot easier for FF kids to get into it.;) I think you will be pleased and happy with a TF even if DS doesn't have much more time to RF.:D

Have I sold you yet.......:whistle:

G8r4evr

btw- for a minute I thought you said DS was using the snugride and I though :eek: OMG, she seemed to understand carseats... how could she have him in a snugride and think he still fits :eek: Then I reread and saw you said DD :whistle: lol

LOL! I thought the exact same thing the first time I read it! :ROTFLMAO:

Karen

Ha ha. DS has tried to fit in the snugride. It is pretty funny looking!

The more leg room may contribute to my decision, but the higher strap height probably not... You see, I have a car seat problem. And honestly, the chance of me still having these same seats in 5 years is pretty slim. :whistle:

How does the TF adjust? Is it a wheel like the EFTA? I like the knob.

Karen

Honestly with myself being a die hard Britax fan too I have to say that the TF makes a awesome FF seat.:D My DS found it to be soooo much more roomier and less confining than his MA was. Plus DS3 had more room left in the TF than in the MA. It was just a better fit for him. I loved it had a lower seating to it and not up on a pedestal like the MA. That makes it alot easier for FF kids to get into it.;) I think you will be pleased and happy with a TF even if DS doesn't have much more time to RF.:D

Well it is mostly be used as a RFing seat though. Sorry if it wasn't clear. I am hoping that DD makes it in the snugride for a few more months. An inch of torso growth should take a little while, right? She is so freaking big right now though. Geez, she is a big kid! Anyway, I am also buying a Nautilus for DS to FF in when she outgrows the SR. I would buy both now, but DH has a problem with my car seat problem. Right now he is riding in a scenera in there.

NannyMom

Well, since he has a Scenera, why not wait until the new TF w/ ARB comes out? Get that for DD when she outgrows the SR. You know you're going to want it after it comes out.... :whistle: Then DH won't kill you for getting rid of the TF or MA so soon (lol, after a month?). I can't wait until it comes out... I might just have to get one. If I like it enough it will replace my MA.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Yes to everything she said. I was a also a die hard Britax fan. Although Britax seats were super for my older DD. She graduated from a Marathon at 6 yr 4 mo to a Britax Parkway booster, my younger DD finds it too confined and squishes her shoulders. Younger DD is 3 1/2 yrs old and we have now put her in a True Fit. She has a ton of room. I also like the lower seating. The seat is deeper for her so it is more comfortable for her legs. Her shoulders are not squished. She has tons of shell above her head. She is second from top slots so she has room to grow. I wish I had bought one last year when they came out.

Really, I don't think you'd be disappointed. It will last a long time.

April

I LOVE my TF! Really, the no re-thread harness, the SIP, the padding, the rf leg room :thumbsup::thumbsup:, I even like the lockoffs and the continuous harness....I really love that seat. BUT, if you're going to use it primarily for rf'ing, wait for the ARB version. You NEED one of those! lol, I'm terrible....

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I sold my MA last summer after getting the TF. Dd was complaining about squished shoulders and her legs already were overhanging the edge of the seat. She was just barely above the 2nd from top slot and just shy of 35lbs at the time.

I'm really not a fan of the MA for chunkier kids, broad shouldered kids, or older kids. It's just not wide enough. Plus I love that the TF has such a deep shell, and the adjuster isn't a racheting mechanism like the MA. Add to that the tons of rf'ing leg room and I much prefer it over the MA. I prefer it ff'ing as well because I really hate the HUGS on the MA. :eek:

It's just a really well made seat that is very sturdy. I was iffy on how I liked it at first, and was a little disappointed in the very beginning, but the more I've used it, the more I've liked it. :thumbsup:

emandbri

Aw, you guys are making me want a true fit. I'm now down to 2 marathons instead of 3 but I also now only have one kid who can use a marathon so I can't justify buying a true fit! ;)

Karen

Well, since he has a Scenera, why not wait until the new TF w/ ARB comes out? Get that for DD when she outgrows the SR. You know you're going to want it after it comes out.... :whistle: Then DH won't kill you for getting rid of the TF or MA so soon (lol, after a month?). I can't wait until it comes out... I might just have to get one. If I like it enough it will replace my MA.
Yeah I really want to wait for one of these. I was planning on it, but they keep pushing the date back. The scenera is catching on that exposed plastic piece on the back and I really don't think it is even safe. I HATE that seat. I heard March and now I hear it is even later. Ugh. Plus I don't want to buy one of the first ones and have it recalled or something.

Kat_Momof3

I'm gonna vote truefit... it's a seat that, if you had to, you could switch it in just a matter of seconds for the child normally not using it, because of the no rethread harnesses.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC