We got a Graco Nautilus-(PICS)

Thank you Yoshiandluke!
We got the graco nautilus today. I want to go install it so bad, but
-14 F degree temperatures and windchills -34 F it is not going to happen! LOL!

Logan is going to last a LONG time in this seat.

Michael-6 yrs. 2 months, 50 pounds, 51 inches-16.5 inch torso(top slots)
n822470510_5440636_8718.jpg

n822470510_5440637_8982.jpg

n822470510_5440638_9258.jpg

Logan-4 in 2 weeks :), 34.6 pounds, 40 in., 14/14.5(he wigglies a bit) torso
(he is top slots of scenera with about 1/2 inch tops left, top slots of chase with about 2 inches left, top slots of FPSVD with room to grow.
THis is going to be his main seat now.
He wanted a booster so bad, so he is so happy tha this looks like a booster. He said, "I love my booster mommy", "I am ok that it has straps", "Thank you for my birthday present(LOL-I didn't even say it was for his birthday-just a necessity ;-) ).

How long do you think he will last? He just had his major growth spurt(4 pounds, 1 inch in height and 1 inch in torso).

Second slots from bottom-2 more slots to go
n822470510_5440642_333.jpg

n822470510_5440643_604.jpg

At highest setting!
n822470510_5440644_877.jpg

n822470510_5440645_1150.jpg

n822470510_5440646_1426.jpg

ADS

monstah

That's going to last Logan forever!! Glad he likes it, most kids do. :thumbsup:

My 3 year old fits in it exactly the same as your 6 year old. LOL

That's going to last Logan forever!! Glad he likes it, most kids do. :thumbsup:

My 3 year old fits in it exactly the same as your 6 year old. LOL

HA! That's funny. You have a tall 3 year old :). I am going to try my 3 year old daycare boy whose 70 pounds in it(too big for harness, but wondering how tall it is for him-he has a tall torso I think).

scoutingbear

Wow...my 2 1/2 year old must have a really long torso...he is in the 2nd to top slots of the GN! (His almost 5 year old brother just moved to the top slots...)

MustangMama

I am going to try my 3 year old daycare boy whose 70 pounds in it(too big for harness,

What makes your daycare kiddo so large? Is he tall and solid or he is just chunky? Just curious....

My 5yo DD is the same size as your Logan, just a few extra pounds more! She is on the 2nd slot too!

It will last my DD until she is probably 8 or 9 granted she doesn't have any sudden growth spurts!

Enjoy your new Nautilus! :thumbsup:

What makes your daycare kiddo so large? Is he tall and solid or he is just chunky? Just curious....

My 5yo DD is the same size as your Logan, just a few extra pounds more! She is on the 2nd slot too!

It will last my DD until she is probably 8 or 9 granted she doesn't have any sudden growth spurts!

Enjoy your new Nautilus! :thumbsup:
She is so cute. Does she sleep in the nautilus well? That is what I am worried about. I am installing it saturday(still too cold tomorrow-and school is off again). Right now they are using it as a chair in the living room.

:whistle: chunky and tall torso. He is all torso. I couldn't even buckle the nautilus.... I did and he said OUCH and it was pinching him really bad. I took a pic. Need to load it later. He is on top slots with about 1 1/2 inches left to grow in it, but too big weight wise. He is too wide to use it as a booster too. :-(
He just turned 3 in august. Brother is 135 too.

Oh just 3 year old is in a backless now(before in a scenera used as a booster)-brother in nothing :whistle:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
We love our nautilus too! My DS1 is 4 years and 2 months and is also on the same slots as your little guy. He's just about even though so he'll move up to the 2nd from top soon.

I'll be one to say that the head slump for us his horrible. He ALWAYS slumps forward when he falls asleep. It actually doesn't really bother me too much, as we rarely drive long enough or far enough for it to be a big deal. I think a lot of it might just be him. I haven't found a seat yet that he doesn't slump in. I think he just naturally tries to lean forward when he is tired instead of tipping his head back.

Anyway, I really love the seat and I think my boy will be harnessed until at least 7 or so.

Kat_Momof3

Thank you again! :) My husband is happy it matches the car(grey interior) and matches Michael's parkway. I really don't care though ;-)!

but the boys might care, too... that their seats match, yet don't... so they are similar, yet different.

I love how much room he has.

Ruthie's head flops, but how much, if any, depends on how reclined it is and if we go around curves or if she's just THAT asleep.

Not only that, but she flops less when the headrest is closer to her shoulders.

She just recently moved to the top slots, with the recline, so she's more floppy than when it was lower, but not as bad as without the recline.

The point for me is that it is not even close to what she was doing in the Regent (head is going to the side in the nauti, not forward), so she's not snoring louder than anything and then waking up from one of those bad type snores from lack of breathing and screaming and complaining.

On the brighter side... and this sounds weird... her butt has been deflating (her butt is decreasing in bulk) and it's made her torso a bit shorter... less to boost her up)... so I could move the slots back down...

It's just been to cold for me to bother... I may just leave them there till spring... cause it's only by a hair that she's under the third slots again.

Kat,

I ended up installing it tonight in the van(SUPER FAST-this is the perfect seat for me for daycare too). I was a bad mom though and forgot I had the straps set on the highest(from trying my one dck in it).

Logan threw a royal fit, because he wanted to sit in it and not his "baby" seat(the chase). He understood after a minute or two that it was too cold for me to fix right now-we were rushing out too.

He said he would be happy if Michael sat in it! LOL! So, Michael sat in it and now wants one :whistle::rolleyes: He says he misses his straps. He sat in it for the ride to the store and he got carsick(Hasn't done that since being moved out of the 5-point). :-( Luckily it missed the seat totally and it landed all in his puke bag ;-) He has mabey 1 inch left iin the harness when it is installed.

So, no 5-point for him. I am so sad of this, because he really loves being in a 5-point. (I have tried all car sick remedies and nothing works).

I understand about what you are talking about losing bulk in the butt, Michael did that around Ruthie's age and lost torso height ;-)! It was awseome!

Joyofbirth

Does your 6-year-old have much room in it? We are looking to get this seat for our 4 year old who had a 16.5" torso. Will she have room to grow? Wishing we could just buy a regent, but it's out of our price range. Plus we pull our seats out a lot. So anyway, I'm just wondering about her lasting very long in the Nautilus. Thanks.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC