My uncle just sent this pic to me. First car seat I ever used.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
This is my cousin when she was a baby. She's 24 with a baby of her own now. This pic was taken in Germany just before they came home. They had it in rfing mode ffing, but at least the harness was pretty tight.:p

They took the harness off and used it with the shield instead (which was an option on this seat) after they shipped home and that's the way I remember using it when I was 10 or so. Even then I was a car seat junkie, LOL.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Love the chocolate chip cookie on her lap. She looks exausted. lol

HAHA. I know. The story behind the picture is this...

They pulled up in front of a store and my uncle asked my aunt to bring him cookies when she came out. (He was going to wait in the car with the baby)

Brenda YELLED "COOKIE!" it was the first word she said. My aunt and Uncle were so amused that she yelled cookie before she ever said mama or Dada that they just couldn't not buy her a cookie.

Kat_Momof3

that's a cool looking seat (even with the misuse... it's history) and she was an adorable baby.

I'd have bought her a cookie for saying her first word and having that word be cookie, too.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Wowza - looking at old pics is fun and scary all at the same time, eh?

I was looking at my sister's pics last night and she has one of my niece in her first carseat. Holy freaking cow... just, WOW. It was a RF-only infant seat with a T-shield! I didn't even know they made those, and the fit was HORRIBLE. Straps way too loose even at their tightest, and a huge T-shield covering half her head. (I honestly am wondering if the people who gave my sister the seat took the T-shield off a different carseat entirely and stuck on this one - it really looked a mess!)

My niece actually slept through a crash with no injuries in that carseat. My parents got rear-ended by a semi, low-speed, thankfully. And they replaced the carseat after that WHEW!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC