Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

My uncle just sent this pic to me. First car seat I ever used.

This is my cousin when she was a baby. She's 24 with a baby of her own now. This pic was taken in Germany just before they came home. They had it in rfing mode ffing, but at least the harness was pretty tight.

They took the harness off and used it with the shield instead (which was an option on this seat) after they shipped home and that's the way I remember using it when I was 10 or so. Even then I was a car seat junkie, LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member mommy2env's Avatar

Re: My uncle just sent this pic to me. First car seat I ever used.

Love the chocolate chip cookie on her lap. She looks exausted. lol

DD1~14yrs old~Seatbelt

DD2~8 yrs old ~Cow Frontier 85 and Pink Monterey
    DS~3 yrs old Britax Roundabout and Coccoro in Licorice/Carrot Cake
    DD3~ 10 weeks in a Chicco Keyfit

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2env View Post
    Love the chocolate chip cookie on her lap. She looks exausted. lol
    HAHA. I know. The story behind the picture is this...

They pulled up in front of a store and my uncle asked my aunt to bring him cookies when she came out. (He was going to wait in the car with the baby)

Brenda YELLED "COOKIE!" it was the first word she said. My aunt and Uncle were so amused that she yelled cookie before she ever said mama or Dada that they just couldn't not buy her a cookie.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

that's a cool looking seat (even with the misuse... it's history) and she was an adorable baby.

I'd have bought her a cookie for saying her first word and having that word be cookie, too.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Wowza - looking at old pics is fun and scary all at the same time, eh?

I was looking at my sister's pics last night and she has one of my niece in her first carseat. Holy freaking cow... just, WOW. It was a RF-only infant seat with a T-shield! I didn't even know they made those, and the fit was HORRIBLE. Straps way too loose even at their tightest, and a huge T-shield covering half her head. (I honestly am wondering if the people who gave my sister the seat took the T-shield off a different carseat entirely and stuck on this one - it really looked a mess!)

My niece actually slept through a crash with no injuries in that carseat. My parents got rear-ended by a semi, low-speed, thankfully. And they replaced the carseat after that WHEW!
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!