evenflo top tether strap

A

amandaj

I have an Evenflo Triumph LX Convertible Car Seat manufactured in 2005. I just turned it around for my daughter. My top tether strap is not attached to the car seat anymore and the directions do not show you how to attach it to the carseat. They show you how to attach it to the tether anchor bracket in your car, but not how to attach the strap to the car seat. Does anyone have this carseat and know how to do this?

ADS

Momto1bigkiddo

I had this problem too one time, we had the Evenflo Triumph 5 (our's was manufactured in Aug. 2004). I am not sure of the differences between the 5 and the LX, but the tether is probably the same because we had the same issue.

It did not say anywhere in our manual either of how to put the tether back on. We had to look at every picture in the manual and really try to see what the tether looked like (how it was looped) and play around with it.

We did figure it out after some fiddeling, but I don't have the carseat anymore now (sold) so I can't tell you how to do it for sure. :(

Sorry I am no help but I just wanted to say this was very frustrating for us to figure out. Try to look closely at the pictures and play around with it. You should also call Evenflo and ask them if they can help.

Anyone here have a Triumph that they can look at??? :confused:

Edited to say that you should probably also post this question in the "Car Seats" forum. I have seen a ton of questions about car seats there and everyone is always really helpful. Here is the link..
http://www.car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Last edited:
A

amandaj

Thank you for the advice. I have looked at the pictures and think I have it. It is just really frustrating that they wouldn't put this in the manual. I took it off the car seat when it was facing backwards because it kinda got in the way. I didn't think it would be a big deal, since I could just look at the manual to put it back on - I thought. I think it is really irresponsible of evenflo to not put this in the manual.

skaterbabs

Part of why directions to put it back on aren't in the manual is because they don't want it remove in the first place.

A

amandaj

It came loose on it's own and was dangeling in the way. If they didn't want it removed then they should have attached it in a way so that it was permenatly attached and not just looped on. Plus, the box I bought looked like it had been open before - like maybe someone returned it. It was the ony box left so I took it. I'm not sure it was attached correctly anyways. There would be no way to know since they don't tell you the correct way to attach it. Didn't think it would be a problem since this should be in the manual. Anyway, overall I really like this car seat. So far this is my only complaint. I don't think this is too much to ask.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How old is your daughter, and how much does she weigh? Just out of curiosity, since you said the seat is a year old and you just turned her. Is RFing still an option (is she more than 30 pounds?)?

Call Evenflo. They should either be able to tell you how to fix it, or hopefully replace it if it's a defect of the seat.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC