How average are these torso's?

I just measured Logan and Michael's torso's.

I think Logan's is small(because he has about 1/2 inch left in the scenera.

Michael's I thought was longer, but I guess not.

Logan(turns 4 the 26th of this month, 40 inches, 34 pounds): 14 inch torso
Michael(6 yr. 2 months, 51 in, 50 pounds): 16.5 inches(he does NOT fit in the apex, marathon though, so does that make sense?)
Baby I watch(9 1/2 months, 17 pounds): 10 inches(does that make sense-she is on the second to bottom slots on scenera and second to top on safeseat).

ADS

finn

I just measured my son. He is mostly torso and tall for his age.

He turned 2 on the 10th of Jan 2009 his torso is 13.77 inches (35cm). He is 35.8 inches (91cm) in height overall. He weighs 26lbs (12kg).

Jennifer mom to my 7

Not fitting in the marathon makes sense to me with a 16.5 inch torso. That is when my almost 6 year old outgrew it

she was 3.5, 42 pounds, 42 inches, with a 16.5 inch torso
She is almost 6 now (next month) 48 inches, 68 pounds, 19.5 inch torso, just about to outgrow the regent.

my now 3 year old has a 16.5 inch torso, with a bit to grow in the decathlon at 40 inches, 38 pounds.
She outgrew rf in it at 25 months, 33 pounds, 36.5 inches, 15.5 inch torso, direct to the top slots ff.

My 2 year old is pretty average. I think he has about a 13 inch torso and is about 27 pounds or so. Not sure how tall, but is only just outgrowing 18 month stuff.

Now, my baby is huge in the torso. Could have brought him home in a radian definitely, and probably a boulevard with the padding. He had a 9,5 inch torso at 5 weeks, came home on the second slot of the keyfit, and is just about at the 3rd now (I have to check before we go to the pedi tomorrow). He is probably about 14 pounds.

Andie

They sound about right to me. My 6.5 year old has a 16" torso, and my little one had a 10" torso at 9-10 months old. I haven't measured the baby's torso recently, I bet it's about 10.5-11" now. He has a crazy long torso.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Huh.

Guess my kids are longer-torsoed than I realized. And all my cousins' kids, and my niece, and nephew... I guess you get used to what you're around most.

I mean, I know my third is SUPREMELY long-torsoed. (She was born with a 10 inch torso-- 20 inches long, half of it was her torso! And she's pretty much retained those proportions.)

I know logan is teeny tiny. He looks skinnier than 34 pounds when he has his shirt off. I was thinking michael had a taller torso, but I guess not. He must be all legs.
Wow, your 2 year old is tall! I love your true-fit. I wish I didn't do daycare so I could get one ;-)

Kat_Momof3

I just measured Logan and Michael's torso's.

I think Logan's is small(because he has about 1/2 inch left in the scenera.

Michael's I thought was longer, but I guess not.

Logan(turns 4 the 26th of this month, 40 inches, 34 pounds): 14 inch torso
Michael(6 yr. 2 months, 51 in, 50 pounds): 16.5 inches(he does NOT fit in the apex, marathon though, so does that make sense?)
Baby I watch(9 1/2 months, 17 pounds): 10 inches(does that make sense-she is on the second to bottom slots on scenera and second to top on safeseat).

I'd say they are both on the smaller end. I'm sure they used to be more torso... it's just that new height has been leg.

baby is about average.

with regards to the Apex and marathon... a lot depends on the vehicle... you can lose or gain height depending upon the vehicle and the installation.

Also, with the apex, if you didn't remove that thick pad that can be taken out, then there is a whole inch that takes up.

family5oregon

What is the right way to measure the torso?

I saw in a different thread, unable to find again, that you have your DC's legs straight out in front of them when the are against the wall.

I ask this because I just measured DS that way and it came out just under 15" torso :eek: and when I have him cross his legs I get 17". He is in the second to the top slot in his Husky and outgrew the Marathon and Wizard already. :confused:

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC