Anyone seen this seat yet?

zactayaus

I don't know if anyone has posted about this seat yet. It is the Safety 1st Intera. It goes rear facing to 35lbs forward to 40lbs, and booster to 100lbs.

interacarseat.jpg

I like the red and black lady bug pattern but I'm not sure I'm feeling the insect head on the top of the seat. I also don't think it looks like it will make a good booster.

ADS

mish

That seat has been around for a while. I don't know if the ladybug pattern has. My brother has this seat. I hate it with a passion. It is heavy and hard to install and well, I just hate it. Taking the base off helps, but I had the worst time installing it rear facing with the base on.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It does look like it's ready to possibly pounce and devour a child riding in the seat, doesn't it? ;) I think pictures of it were posted here before but I haven't seen one like it IRL.

Maggie

I was under the impression that Safety 1st no longer made this seat. :confused: I'ts been around for awhile I think. My friend has an almost 4 year old and she bought that seat for him when he outgrew his infant seat. She had the ladybug and a regular one. She was in an accident and we searched high and low at every baby store to replace them and they all told us they were no longer being made. This was 6+ months ago.

According to the pictorial guide it was made from 2005-2007. (Listed under Dorel) I'm not sure how accurate that is though. http://www.carseat.org/Pictorial/3-Five- Point-np.pdf

I was secretly glad my friend couldn't find them, I used to watch her kids and would have to install the seats when I had them. They sucked to install.

zactayaus

I was under the impression that Safety 1st no longer made this seat. :confused: I'ts been around for awhile I think. My friend has an almost 4 year old and she bought that seat for him when he outgrew his infant seat. She had the ladybug and a regular one. She was in an accident and we searched high and low at every baby store to replace them and they all told us they were no longer being made. This was 6+ months ago.

It is still on Safety 1st's web site.

Maggie

Hmm. I suppose the pictorial guide could be wrong. It said it was made from 05-07.

ETA: Ok, I knew I wasn't going crazy. :p IIHS spokesman, Russ Rader, announced that two of the seats included in the group of 13 not recommended by the Institute—the Costco Highback Booster and the Safety 1st/Dorel Intera—had been discontinued. The IIHS evaluated seats that represented a majority of the market at the time evaluations were conducted, which was during the summer of 2007. Evaluations for all of the seats can be found on the Institute’s Website. Also, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issues ratings for child seats on its Website at http://www.safercar.gov/.

That was from this article. I just wanted to make sure. My friend, who visits here once and awhile, would have been mad that I talked her into Marathons if her beloved Intera's were still being made. LOL

I love how well they do their research about carseats. I will steer clear of the COSTCO high back booster. :p

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC