How tall are the top slots on the scenera?

zactayaus

My niece will be turning 2yo in a couple of weeks. She is currently riding in an evenflo titan that will be expiring soon. I was thinking of getting her a scenera for her b-day but wanted to know how tall the top slots are on it. I know the titan has about 14.5" top slots. She weighs 27lbs. I don't know her exact height but she is tall for her age but she is more legs than torso. She still fits in the titan but needs a new seat because of expiration. I wish I could afford to get her a higher weight limit seat but I just can't afford that and neither can her parents at this time.

So how much more torso height would she get out of the scenera?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Scenera is about the same, somewhere between 14 and 14.5 inches.

The Avenue would give her another 2 or 2.5 inches, which makes a BIG difference and actually gets most kids to the 40 lb. limit. Even my tall, long-torsoed, skinny daughter still fits in it at almost 5-- though she's getting close, she still has a little room. And it's more comfy, and if you find it on sale you could probably get it for about $20 more.

14-14.5 inches. My son has about 1/2 inch left in it at almost 4 years old, 34 pounds, 40 inches. He has a short torso though.

I would go for the avenue if possible? My just 3 year old has a longer torso than Logan and does not fit in the scenera.

zactayaus

Darn. I was under the impression that the scenera had taller top slots. I will look into the avenue though. I was hoping to get her an inexspensive seat with a girly cover.:rolleyes:

New grandma

The Avenue does have a girly cover, brown and pink if I remember right. Be sure to check some of the reviews though, I think there have been some problems using the adjuster.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That is the Sears Avenue girly pattern (brown on the outside, pink print inside.) Honestly I did not like it as much as I thought I would in person. The K Mart version is more pink. I don't think the adjuster is any worse RF than a lot of them, but that's not saying much, lol.

CrabbyBunchX3

15" on the scenera-no seat compression
100_0359.jpg

and Uptown is a hair over 15" when not compressing the seat.
100_1982.jpg

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That is DEFINITELY not the results I got with my Uptown and Scenera. Maybe the pad on the Uptown is "fluffy?"

Because I got 14.25 vs. 16.75.

CrabbyBunchX3

The seat area of the uptown is more padded and I did not compress it at all for that picture.
The scenera, I have heard mixed results for top harness height. Mine clearly has 15in. I have another picture that shows the slot in the cover and the slot in the shell are lined up and both at 15".

Both seats have older DOMs.

Kat_Momof3

is she rearfacing or forward facing??

it sounds like she's really tall for her age, but thin.

if she's rearfacing, I'd go with the Uptown.

BUT... if she's forward facing already, I'd go for the Apex or, if you can't find one at Big Lots or one cheap enough, the Evenflo Chase.

Either one will have high top slots and be pretty easy to use and install. the Apex is just better padded and, when the padding comes out, has taller top slots than the Chase, but it sounds like she'll get to 5 around the time she hits 40lbs, and should be okay going to a booster when that happens.

zactayaus

She is forward facing.

The avenue girly covers are cute.

I am going to go to big lots and see what seats they have there.

Thanks for everyones replies.:)

featherhead

the Apex is just better padded and, when the padding comes out, has taller top slots than the Chase, but it sounds like she'll get to 5 around the time she hits 40lbs, and should be okay going to a booster when that happens.

What are the rules about the Apex padding? I read that manual cover to cover when I received the Apex for my nephew, and I thought it said the padding is not supposed to come out. Am I wrong? It has been a while since I read it, but I was certain that's what it said.
(sorry for the derail)

ginny4

What are the rules about the Apex padding? I read that manual cover to cover when I received the Apex for my nephew, and I thought it said the padding is not supposed to come out. Am I wrong? It has been a while since I read it, but I was certain that's what it said.
(sorry for the derail)

i have the manual in front of me & they call that padding the "body pillow" & in () optional. so i assume that means you don't have to use it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC