Can someone please post

U

Unregistered

the 5 step test? I'm wanting to check out my ds. He's 8, 80 lbs, 4' 6 " (54 inches). I know in my car he is able to touch the floor while setting streight up. His head is just under the headrest. I just don't know what else to check.

Thanks

ADS

skaterbabs

The 5 Step Test

If you answer "No" to any of these questions, your child must be in a booster seat:
1. Does the child sit all the way back against the auto seat?
2. Do the child's knees bend comfortably at the edge of the auto seat?
3. Is the lap belt touching the top of the thighs, not the tummy?
4. Is the shoulder belt centered on the shoulder and chest?
5. Can the child stay seated like this for the whole trip?

BELT-POSITIONING BOOSTER:
- Used to raise child up and correctly position the car's seatbelt on the child's body.
- CAN NOT be used with only a lap belt!
(See your car dealer for a lap/shoulder belt retrofit.)

http://people.delphiforums.com/SKATERBABS/5steptest.html

B

bucket2

reproducible 5 point test

Posting the "official links," is beyond my experience right now, but go to

www.carseat.org

Click on the 5 point test. It is an Acrobat/Adobe document that you can print (and copy). There is also a page of explaination and more information.

And no, the feet don't have to touch the floor, the knees have to bend at the edge of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC