Why Aren't There "Girlie" Graco Air Boosters?

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
I took a look at them this weekend and can't even consider them because dd (7.5yo) wouldn't like ANY of the available colors.

Black, tan and grey are not appealing colors to a 7.5yo girl.

I'm thinking of the red or pink Monterey instead.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Graco always comes out with "neutral" covers for their new seats until they see how well they sell. The Air wasn't that much of a hit, so I doubt the color selections will change. :(

You can't really compare the Air and the Monterey, though. They're in totally different classes! ;)

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Yeah I realize that.

I actually live in the Philly burbs...about 25miles from Graco's offices and was picked to do a consumer survey thing for the Air Boosters before they came out. They had the same ugly covers and the woman kept asking me which one I liked best and I kept telling her NONE of them!

She didn't like my answer because it wasn't a choice on her form!

I'm surprised that they haven't come out w/ better covers for the seat though...it's been out way longer than the Nautilus has...although the Nautilus is a lot more popular!

itzmeigh

I think they are phasing them out. I notice that my Target doesn't have them anymore and I've seen them at Big Lots. Sadly I don't think they will be around much longer. I just don't think they had enough sales.

The Air is one of my top 5 favorite boosters! It looks very comfortable. I'll be sad to see it go. And even though we still have another year before we need a booster I just might pick one up next time I see one on sale.

(we are 3.5 and about 31 pounds right now.)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Yeah, I hate that they weren't very popular. If only they'd make it taller, it would have been a perfect big-kid booster. It's perfect for older average-size kids, or younger big kids, but then they outgrow the headrest so fast it's pointless. :(

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My Target just got a new shipment. :shrug-shoulders: Big Lots has had them too for months though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC