More info from SKJP on the XT and Monterey

Kat_Momof3

Russ sent me more info... and so I'm posting it so you guys can see it, too

Kat,

OK, so here it is. With all the technical stuff, all we really want to ‘say’ is something simple and straight to the point.

We build incredibly strong seats and we do it for a reason.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, how about video? RadianXT features the same steel frame as Radian80 with reinforced sides and 7” deep head wings (height adjustable).

So why do we build our seats like this? Crash test performance. (We have kids too, you know)

If you have any questions, please let me know.

If you are interested, attached is an order form for our CPS Tech program.

Yeah... he sent me a tech order form... of course, I can't use it (you have to supply your tech ID#... but for those who are techs, I'll be more than happy to pass this on to you guys (just email me or pm me)

the XT for you guys is only 179.95 plus shipping and Montereys are only 89.99 plus shipping

The Radian 80 would be 161.95 and the Radian 65 would be 142.95

You can also order Radian carry straps for 3.99 apiece.

he sent me crash test videos of both the Monterey AND the XT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of_5meRNAHw (Monterey)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwfniAIEEOE (XT)

Here's the pics he sent

sunshinekidsRadianXT.png

SKJPsideprotectionpic.jpg

ADS

Kat_Momof3

and then you have to take pics and tell us just how to adjust the headrest (as I still haven't figured out how one would do it... I'm assuming a lever in the back, though)

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I haven't figured it out either, lol! It'll be Evan's seat, but Olivia should be here by then as well so we'll get tiny baby pics w/ it too! :) I'm thinking I'm just getting one XT and one 65, since they'll be side by side, XT outboard of course.

Lys

Senior Community Member
I've been looking all over for a SIP crash test with the Monterey to show DH.
THANK YOU!
BTW- I just ordered a Monterey today :)

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Those are some pretty impressive videos. I wish more companies would allow us to see their crash tests! I ordered an XT in Malibu for R. We are both so excited to get it! And I want a Monterey in the worst way, but I don't think we have room for it. :crying:

ginny4

WOW thanks that is SOOO awesome. the monterey & radian XT will sell themsleves with those videos! YAY!
i wish all companies would show us their vids

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Wow, that is impressive!

We LOVE our Monterey, and I am getting an XT soon - already ordered and Sunshine Kids already charged my card a few days ago...

Mylilboyblue

Yay I can't wait to get mine!!!!

I ordered from Hipmonkey.com and they haven't gotten them yet. I am in contact with Marie and she is checking today to see if SKJP is still delivering them next week. :( I want my seat NOW. Oh well, just have to wait!!!

So I will have to post pics of a average 18 month old and a tiny tiny tiny 10 month old in the XT, right? :D

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
*drool*

If someone would like to send me one, I'd be happy to post pics of everything from a newborn up to a 34-year-old in one... :whistle:

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Does the Monterey fit well in the 2nd row of a 7 passenger Sienna?

Dh and I are looking to get one in a few months and I'm thinking of this as an option for dd. Her Turbobooster's head rest isn't working right (keeps falling down) and dh wants her to get a new seat.

The TB was her back up seat for the past 3+ years, but now that she's in a booster full time (she outgrew the Nautilus harness in November) I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

fyrfightermomma

Awww I thought they said they weren't offering the tech discount on the XT so I ordered from somewhere else that was much pricier. Grrrr

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
They are, I just don't think they had figured out the price till recently. It was just added to the oder form, but probably won't ship till into Feb.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
*drool*

If someone would like to send me one, I'd be happy to post pics of everything from a newborn up to a 34-year-old in one... :whistle:

We had a member who would probably have taken you up on that offer... Post it to CPSPList to be sure lol.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Hmmm....

Thank you Kat for the form.

I was looking at it and it states that we cannot choose a color.

It may be worth it to just order one from Amazon (on sale right now for $119/free shipping) instead of the $89.99 from SKJP w/ the tech discount since I would still have to pay shipping on it.

Decisions, Decisions!

crunchierthanthou

wow, I am seriously drooling over the XT. I didn't realize these two seats looked so similar.

Minniemouse, in the past techs have written their color preferences on the form and have received them for the most part.

Thanks for the info, Kat. although, I'm wondering if Russ meant for you to upload the videos to your youtube account and post them online. :whistle: ;)

Lys

Senior Community Member
Hmmm....

Thank you Kat for the form.

I was looking at it and it states that we cannot choose a color.

It may be worth it to just order one from Amazon (on sale right now for $119/free shipping) instead of the $89.99 from SKJP w/ the tech discount since I would still have to pay shipping on it.

Decisions, Decisions!

I went ahead and ordered the Monterey from Amazon this morning. I got a 2day free upgrade on shipping and the color preference we wanted.
I've already received a shipping notice that it will be here Wednesday. :thumbsup:

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I wonder if SK will be the first manufacturer to provide a tech discount to Canadians? hmmm.. :) We do exist up here, really!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC