what age did you LO outgrow the scenera?

U

Unregistered

It fits us perfect now.....but I am wondering how long I have. My 28lb 2.5 year old has about 1 inch to go.

ADS

Evolily

When you say one inch, do you mean your LO has 2 inches of hard shell above her head or that she is two inches from the height the box says?

As long as she has an inch of shell above her head she is OK to rear face height wise (of course she has to be below the weight limit). Sometimes it looks like you have less than you really do because of perspective- this thread is helpful with that http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=30201 .

An inch of torso growth can take a while.

Melizerd

Are you talking completely? or rear facing?

I do know one 2 year old who's already outgrown it completely and I've seen the pics to prove it.

My DS outgrew it rear facing at 35/36 inches tall (kid's all torso) and 24lbs about 2 months before his 2nd birthday. He's still got a little time forward facing.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
AJ had just turned 3. Evan would've been about 3.5yo maybe. He fits differently in the van vs in the house, ugh. I hate that. Ilana would already need the top slots I'm pretty sure for ffing, she uses the 3rd set on her Avenue for ffing. She's 26 mos and 32.5".

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My daughters outgrew it completely at less than 3 years, 2 1/4 years, and about 6 1/2 months. Yes, 6 1/2 months. Reason being, her shoulders went over the top slots, before she was even big enough to use it forward-facing.

My kids, especially the third one, all have long torsoes. It really, REALLY depends on the kid when they will outgrow it.

I'd say sometime around 3 is pretty typical, though.

My son is about to outgrow it. He has mabey 1/2 inch left forward facing. He will be 4 the end of this month. He outgrew it RF at just 3 years old, 28 pounds. He is now 33 pounds. He has a smallish torso.

My daycare boy is 3 1/2 (4 in July) has about 1 inch. He is 34 pounds. He has a smallish torso. He outgrew it rearfacing at just 3.

My other daycare boy outgew it by height at just 2 years old(but, then again at just three he is 70 pounds). He has a tall torso.

My niece will outgrow it at around 4 1/2. She outgrew it RF at 2 1/2(she has a long torso).

NannyMom

My friend's daughter outgrew it Forward Facing (her shoulders were above the top slots) at 18 months :eek: She has a really long torso.

ginny4

It fits us perfect now.....but I am wondering how long I have. My 28lb 2.5 year old has about 1 inch to go.

my 2.5yo DS 35lbs & 37.25in is about even or maybe a smidgin over the top slots. i decided we are done with it so i don't have to worry about whether he fits or doesn't

christineka

My ds outgrew the cosco hbb (same top slots as the scenera) at age 4.5 and 40 pounds. (Outgrew by weight rather than hight- short torsoed, I know.)

My dd is now 4 years old, weighs 29.5 pounds and has 4 inches of shell above her head. She may outgrow the seat at age 6 or 7!

hboo22

My DD Laila outgrew it at about 3yr. 9 months. Jaylee still fits in one, we're just not using it since she got her TF!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC