The concerns of a 4yo (funny).....

mom2kc&k

Since my older two are getting brand new seats and my youngest has always gotten the hand-me-downs, I decided to let her pick out a new girly cover for one of her Marathons. Did she chose the $40 on sale Ashley print, which I oh-so-gently tried to coax her into? Oh nooooo, had to have full price Mariposa!

Last week I put the new cover on. Her seat sat in the living room for a day or so until I could get it installed. She was having a great time sitting in it non-stop until............

OH THE HORROR..........:eek::eek::eek::eek:

ButterflyBritax.jpg

The biggest, most beautiful butterfly....the one most visible to her as she sits.....is being defaced by unsightly scratchy velcro!

According to DH, she came to him asking for scissors. When he asked her what she wanted them for, she led him to this atrocity, and she showed him exactly how trying to scratch it off with her fingernails just wasn't getting the job done. She was told "no', of course, and had to be "talked down" from her ledge of obsession. Thank goodness the scissors were properly put away at that moment in time.

I just can't win.......

Cherie

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
You could tell her that that butterfly is still coming out of its cocoon and that's her cocoon.

elle7715

LOL...sounds like my four year old. But since that would bug me too I'd probably try to get if off with a thread ripper. Wonder where she gets it from...? :whistle:

southpawboston

4 yo's have strange obsessional quirks, plain and simple.

ours has a thing about thread. if she sees a thread sticking out of a piece of clothing, OMG, it's like the world is coming to an end.

best is to try to redirect her and suggest that she view it differently. perhaps the butterfly has a boo-boo and the velcro is a nice big band-aid?

Kat_Momof3

I like the cocoon analagy.

and what about pointing out that nice BIGGER and EVEN MORE beautiful butterfly up there about where her head is??

Joyofbirth

I have to say I love 4-year-olds. It can be so frustrating sometimes dealing with the drama. But it just cracks me up the way they think and reason and how some of the things that get to them are not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but they don't know about the grand scheme and don't care about it and they don't have to. And if it were my seat, it would probably bug me too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC