Surviving Motherhood

U

Unregistered

DID ANYONE SEE THE MOST RECIENT SHOW ON Surviving Motherhood IT WAS ABOUT NURSING MOTHERS...WELL LET ME TELL YOU I WAS SAD TO SEE A CHILD IN A INFANT CARRIER WHO WAS ABOUT TO EXCED THE LIMIT AND HIS STRAPS WERE SO TWISTED IT LOOKED LIKE A ROPE IN STEAD OF A SEAT BELT!! THAT IS NUTS!

I KNOW THIS IS UNSAFE BUT DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK I COULD POST ON TLC WEBSITE FOR THAT MOTHER????

ADS

Splash

Oh yeah, that show... poor kid. His head is OVER the top of the shell by at least an inch. His chest clip is by his belly button and his straps are non existent. Her other kids are no better in the car, with the straps from their seats wrapped around their elbows... sad sad sad. The show has been retitled "surviving childhood"

Lara

I saw that one and it scared me. I just wonder how people can look at their kids in seats like that and think they are safe.

I watched a bringing home baby the other day and there was a baby who came home in a snugride with the straps so loose that she was holding on to them (hmmm I wonder why probably thinking what if we crash I better hold on tight or I may go flying out of this seat). Then at the end they showed her in a crappy evenflo with a belly clip and loose straps.

Lara

U

Unregistered

"crappy evenflo ?"

Gee, can we say "Judgemental?" Sure, there is no reason to have things such as loose straps, but could you possibly be a little bit nicer? Ever think that perhaps the Mom doesn't know better? Or doesn't have a lot of money to buy one of the "fancy" car seats?????

Try walking a mile in someone else's shoes for a bit. I'm sure the lady wants what is best for her child. Attitudes like yours are really offputting.

skaterbabs

Actually, evenflo infants seats are difficult to use correctly and are not highly recommended. Not to mention, the PP is as entitled to their opinion as you are to yours.

If the lady really wanted what's best for her child she would at least use the seat she has correctly. It's as simple as really the instructions.

MySweetAGL

That's ridiculous! A little common sense tells you at least that the straps should not be twisted. And aren't there stickers that say to read the manual before using?

If the government would put as much effort and money into educating parents on the proper use of carseats as they do breastfeeding, they could save a LOT of children's lives.

Last edited:

Lara

Well sorry if I offended anyone about the evenflo.
*I* just haven't had good luck with any evenflo infant seats (or really convertibles for that matter, I don't really like my triumph either). Oh and just because I don't like it and call it crap dosen't mean I have a britax. No I have never had a britax. In fact my dd is in a $40 cosco scenera (definatly not the definition of fancy) at this point in time so I can save up for a nice seat for her, because she outgrew the evenflo triumph at age 2 and I wasn't ready to turn her ff yet (she is only 26 lbs). Ok I'll stop now sorry for the vent.

Lara

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC