Britax rear facing tether - how tight

U

Unregistered

In using the rear facing tether for the RA, I have it tethered to the seat track for one of the front seats and it is not centered with the carseat, but it is the seat track nearest the center. I think I read in an earlier post that this is ok, but if not please let me know. My question is about how tight I should make the tether. Should I just pull on it until there is some tension and I get the recline I want or pull on it with all my might. I can get more recline in the seat if I really crank on it, but not sure if I am supposed to. The manual really doesn't help with this. Thanks

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Good question-

With your rear-facing tether, you can pull on it to get the recline you need. It is OK to use an anchor point that is a bit off-center. If your carseat gets pulled off center or tilts significantly, then you may have to reduce the tension. Sometimes, you can reduce any tilt by playing with each side of the "V" tether.

U

Unregistered

Thank you, again Darren.
I finally installed it using the locking clip rather than my auto-locking (switchable) seat belt and got a much better install with very little gap. I think the seat belt was pulling up too much on the carseat and was creating most of the gap on one side.
Thanks again..I'll be recommending this site to all my friends.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Great!

I'm glad you got it installed! Sometimes the switchable locking seat belts do cause a tilt; using the built-in locking clips is a perfect solution.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC