Traveling and leaving 3 kids with Grandma

Mommypooh

Okay I had another idea about what to do with my kids car seats when we travel. So here we go and tell me if you think this will work or not and see any flaws in my plan.

Kids Stats ages at time of travel and weights are current.
Gabby 6 years old 43 lbs
Cameron 4 years old 35 lbs
Magnus 21 months 21 lbs.

Vehicles
96 Jeep overland all three kids will be in this vehicle
05 Dodge Grand Caravan all three kids will be in this vehicle
02 Ford WindStar only Gabby and Cameron will be in this one.

Possible seats
2 BV
1 Regent
1 Cargo
1 Summit
2 FP Booster
1 Parkway
1 Nautilus

Okay so here is the thought.

Jeep
RF BV for Magnus Passenger side outboard
Cargo for Cameron Center
Parkway for Gabby Drivers side outboard

Grand Caravan
Fold one Captians chair
RF BV in Passenger side Captains chair Magnus
Nautilus Latch in 3rd row Cameron
FP Booster 3rd row Gabby

Ford WindStar
Regent in Captains chair
Summit in other Captains chair.

I guess second choice should include the possibility that Cameron could be over 40lbs. In that case I think Magnus will have to FF in all vehicles so that cameron can have the 65 lb seats which would make it

Jeep
FF Cargo for Magnus
FF BV for Cameron
Parkway for Gabby

Grand Caravan
FF Summit for Magnus
FF BV for Cameron
FP Booster for Gabby

Ford Windstar
FF Regent
FF Nautilus

So ideal is the first set with the hope Cameron should be under 40 lbs at the time of travel but the second list will cover me in case he is not.

I would have to buy a Nautilus as well as a harness for the cargo, since the cargo has been converted to booster mode and the harness has been lost.

I think I can convince my husband to let me buy a nautilus since I can do 3 across with it in my van for travel.

ADS

Naomi's-Momma

Wow. That is a lot of seats and cars to work out.
I thank it would work. I'm sure you know the seats will fit where you want them. So they should be fine.

If the trip is very far away(more then a month?). I might put Cameron in the 65lbs seats just to be safe. if he gains fast anyway. But I wouldn't want Magnus FFing to soon ether.
But I like plan A better it will make things easier on you.

Btw I love the name Magnus.

Mommypooh

We don't travel until June. SO I am looking far into the furture here. I did just weigh Cameron agian and he is back down to 33 lbs, so I am thinking most likely he won't gain that fast and as long as he is 38 or less when I leave Magnus will be RF, I doubt he could really gain that much weight in 4 days.

I actually don't own the Cargo or the summit they are my friends so I have really no idea how they would work in this but I assume since I can get a RF BV FF BV and a PW in the jeep I should be able to replace a BV with the Cargo.

I know the Regent fits in my moms van, I assume the Summit will as well.

I am hoping it all works and won't really have a chance to play with it all until the day before we leave.

Cameron is my little guy he is only like 10% for height and like 35% for weight so i am not too concerned he will be over 40 lbs unless I let my mother in law watch him too much then he will gain really quick as she thinks kids have to always be eating. Cameron weight wise seems to follow Gabbys weight patteren thus far and she was well over 5 when she hit 40 lbs.

I was just going to leave one set of seats and teach my mother in law to move them but I really don't like trusting someone else to move my seats around, not even my husband. So I started thinking and remembered my friend has all these 40 lb seats and she can't use them since all the kids are over 40 lbs.

Thanks I love his name too. Took me a while to like it but it really fits him especially since he was 11 lbs when he was born.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC