RideSafer Travel Vest

katiesmommy

Can it be used without the tether if you're using a lap/shoulder belt?

And would you use it for a 32lb child even though it's rated for 35lbs?

I have to figure something out here. Katy's right about 31/32 lbs now. I thought about getting her a Safeguard Go, but there are no tethers here at all. I need something. Lifting the seat in and out and in and out is getting too heavy now and I can't do it for much longer. Help me. Is there anything else you can think of?

ADS

courtfrog2

You can use it without the tether as long as you use a lap/shoulder belt. You can also use it without the head pillow and crotch buckle. They never expire either!

I love our travel vest.

Not sure about using it for a 32lb girl. I would, but it goes against "best practice" so I can't recommend it.

Maedze

RSTV requires the use of a TT for any child under 6.

I'm sorry, but I'm drawing a blank on what your specific circumstances are :eek:

Can you refresh my spotty memory? :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It only requires a TT if you have one. Even for kids under 6. The manual is extremely poorly written (the crotch strap is also optional...). The only main rules to remember is that it requires a lap/shoulderbelt OR a lapbelt plus top tether, for any age or size of kid :)

Maedze

Gosh, I could have sworn reading that a few months ago :confused: We were playing with one for a 3-across situation that was tight tight tight, and debated putting a three year old in one, but it appeared the manual read that you must have a TT. It was last summer, so maybe I'm remembering wrong :confused:

courtfrog2

I talked to someone that is very involved on the making of these and she said the manual was revised and it implied to all the seats.

The manual online is correct.

Also, older kids cannot use the top tether after a certain weight

erinnicolevan

So, a tether would not be required for a 7-year-old who is 51 pounds, if they are using a seatbelt with a lap/shoulder belt?? Would it be acceptable for everyday use in a Toyota Sienna??

katiesmommy

I'm sorry, but I'm drawing a blank on what your specific circumstances are :eek:

Can you refresh my spotty memory? :p

We're in Japan without a car and have to take cabs most places we go, however, a RSTV would allow me to also ride with a friend who has two kids and not have to put one on the roof. ;) There's no chance of 3-across here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC