Got some pics of Seth and Johnathon in European car seats

mykidsmylife

I remembered my camera today and took some pics..

This first one is of Seth in the ROMER (britax) infant carrier. He is 34" and still fits height and weight wise. I see no reason for a 9m old to be ff here. :(

DSCF2271.jpg

DSCF2272.jpg

Here he is in the Romer King. He hated it.
DSCF2273.jpg

And here is how the Romer King opens to put the seatbelt in.
DSCF2275.jpg

Here he is in that Kiddie thing that goes from 9-18m. It is amazing!!! He HATED having the bar across him and it was a pain to buckle but he was in there SNUG!
DSCF2289.jpg

DSCF2290.jpg

There is NO WAY Johnathon could fit in any of the 5-point harness, so here is his in a couple boosters.

Romer:
DSCF2278.jpg

and some other one I cant spell w.o looking. LOL.
DSCF2280.jpg

And here they are in their regular seat:
DSCF2293.jpg

ADS

Maedze

Great photos :thumbsup:

That bar/EPS thing is actually pretty impressive. I imagine kids with sensory issues might panic about being so confined. I would :eek: What's the weight thing on it? (Or did you mean to say 9-18kg rather than 9-18m?)

It looks like it would operate sort of like the Britax Laptop.

mykidsmylife

Yeah 9-18 kg. I was thinking 9-18m.
Honestly I can totally see how it is safer then a 5-point harness. I get it and the video shows why.

Shoot Seth has no sensory issues and had a problem with confinment. He couldn't get out of it quick enough...

I am looking for the video..

Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dhlo2wqKY

Oh the video show like 3 and 4 years olds in this. I am looking for the product link to see the ages again. I was pretty sure it was 9-18m.

emandbri

Thanks so much for sharing! It would be so fun to play with seats so different than what we are used to seeing. Your kids are so freakin cute! :D

MustangMama

Yeah 9-18 kg. I was thinking 9-18m.
Honestly I can totally see how it is safer then a 5-point harness. I get it and the video shows why.

Shoot Seth has no sensory issues and had a problem with confinment. He couldn't get out of it quick enough...

I am looking for the video..

Here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-dhlo2wqKY

Oh the video show like 3 and 4 years olds in this. I am looking for the product link to see the ages again. I was pretty sure it was 9-18m.

What the heck is that?! Doesn't that kind of qualify for an overhead shield seat?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
No, the 'bar' on that one is much more snug and larger than the OHS here. It reminds me of the Britax Laptop.

Those are great pics! Yeah, that seat is so tall, why are we moving out those to go ffing? Weight I guess. Did that one go to 9 or 13kg? I love the SIP on everything.

joyride

Yeah, that seat is so tall, why are we moving out those to go ffing? Weight I guess. Did that one go to 9 or 13kg? I love the SIP on everything.

13kg. The reason: "we" always done that (ok, bad explanation).

It´s more the angle. It cannot be adjusted and is VERY reclined - good for a baby, uncomfortable for a toddler.
12kindersitz2.jpeg

sopapia

ur kids are really cute. i've never seen carseats in germany when i was there 15years ago, but then i never knew any little kids. i just remembered that there's a law prohibiting kids under 13 (or was it 12) riding in the front seat.

if they make the rear facing seats so tall to fit their tall kids, how does it fit in the car? their cars are small.

G8r4evr

They have way cooler seats than us!

I really like the Rover King, except those harness straps are UGLY!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That Kiddy thing is COOL. If I HAD to turn a less than 2 YO FF (for weight-- my daughter hit her seat's limit at 2 weeks before her 2nd birthday, but I'm thinking more like 18 months) I would TOTALLY rather have a child in that than a 5-point!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
In the Kiddy video, the little boy in the blue shirt - his seatbelt is routed improperly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC