Will she fit in the Nautilus harnessed for awhile?

mum2two

DD is 5 1/2 years, 41 lbs, 44 inches tall (torso just under 17"-I measured her toros by having her sit on a chair, she was sitting straight up and down, not slumping). I will be keeping her harnessed for awhile longer.

She rides in Regent in my car and DH's and a MA in IL's, and they drive both kids a lot. She is at the top slots on the MA and her head is approaching the top of the shell, a little room left.

I can't find a Nautilus IRL here in this dinky town to try out....will she have a lot more time in the Nautilus harnessed, I'd prefer not to spend more $ on the Frontier at this time.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Depends on the vehicle it's being installed in, but in our van... DS1 has about an inch left to grow in the GN. He's got 1.5" in the Frontier (so not a huge difference). His torso is 16.25. Pics in the comparison thread here.

ETA: The Marathon is in that comparison thread as well, and he's over the top slots of that seat when installed in the same vehicle position. If she's at the top slots in the MA in your parents car now, I think she'd have quite a bit of harness height left in the GN. If she's not complaining about seat depth or lack of shoulder room in the MA, then she should be fine in the GN with respect to those things as well. :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
If she still fits in a Marathon with her shoulders under the top strap slots, she'll have lots of room -- probably close to 2" -- in a Nautilus.

NVMBR02

The Nautilus and the Frontier have about the same harness height. I believe the Nautilus measure slightly higher (the Fronteir does make a taller booster though)

If she is just outgrowing the Marathon then she should have a decent amount of room in the Nautilus.

mum2two

Thank you all, very good information. At least she can pick a Mariposa cover when she needs one now that they're out.

abacus2

She should have a good amount of room. My dd was even with the top slots of the Decathlon when I bought the Nautilus, and she used the next to top slots of the Nautilus for a couple months before needing the top slots.

Citrine

My daughter who is 4yr 9m 45in 40lb has one slot left on the Nautilus. She is in the 2ed to last harness slot and she has a while to go until she needs the last harness slot.

olivia 4.26.04 45in 40lb regent/gn
makayla 9.16.06 30in 27lb rf wizard

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC