UHOH padding bunched up

dd9736

I washed my carseat covers last night, and they both said wash cold, and one said hang/lay flat to dry, so that's what I did, and the padding on one side of the EFTA cover is all bunched up now. How do I flatten it out? is this because i didn't put it in the dryer (it said to dry on low, which isn't an option in my drier, it's high or hang in my house)

I am sure that this was not supposed to happen when the cover was washed, should I contact evenflo?

I need the seat tomorrow, friday at the latest.

ADS

melniemi

I would contact Evenflo. I think that's happened to some others here and they got a free replacement (which they should since it was washed per manufacturer instructions).

Dillipop

I had that happen to me. All it is is some extra padding that isn't stitched into place inside the cover. If you work at it a bit, it can be flattened and moved back into place. Mine was fairly easy to fix. I think in the future, I will take that cover to the laundromat and use a front loader to see if that stops the shifting.

dd9736

I was working on it last night some more, and it's actually folded over on it'self twice, how is that possible? I got it a little better, but it's still not usable, and we have bible study tonight, aaaah

cryswilkins

I know that this has happened to a few members here and they received a new cover. Depending on where the padding is bunched, I would not be too concerned with using it, in a situation that you had to.

Do you have a spare seat?

dd9736

no spare, but, I do have a new one coming, the lump was hard and right where his head would be. I decided once I knew they weren't going to ask for the old cover back, I tried some more to fix the padding from the outside, and it wasn't happening. so I was potentially bad, I went on the wrong side of the cover, and cut a small slit, to reach in pull the padding straight. I decided a small cut where nothing would reach was better than a hard lump next to his head. It's not perfect, but it's usable, now it's time to put the seats back in the car. Fun Fun.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC