Help! Which one would you choose?

zactayaus

Ok. I think I've narrowed my car seat choices down to two. I can't decide which one to get. I know the differences between the two in that the SS1 will last longer than the SR. I think I like the SR pattern better but I know everyone here always talks about how much better the SS1 is. I did own a front adjust SR with DS2 and I was happy with it. He outgrew it around 8 months if I remember correctly and it has since expired. Oh and I bought the Mida Moda Compagno stroller in Rossa so I was looking for a seat to match.

Please help me! Which one would you pick?

Here are the pics of the seats and the stroller:

albee-baby_2033_304212221.gif
gracolotus.jpg
compagno-rosso.jpg

ADS

Maedze

As far as patterns go I like the all-red cover of the SR, but I'd probably get the SS1.

It really boils down to what you want :). Do you want the convenience of a carrier for a few months before moving a convertible, or do you want this to be the last seat you need to buy for a year/year and a half?

jess71903

Ambassador
I think the SS1 would look better with the stroller, actually. The stroller is so red, and if the SR isn't exactly the same it might look funny.

I prefer the SS for sure. The lock-off makes it totally worth it to me. It has to be the easiest thing ever to install. My DS rode in his until his 1st birthday and still had room to grow.

MOM25BOYS

Hmm, I think the SS1 will look better and you already know it will last you longer, but I have a Roxy cover and the stock pic is not true on the colors. It is more of a red wine color than a bright red if that matters too much.

ETA: There is very little red on the Roxy so I don't think it is that noticable.;)

MustangMama

I think that when you put thw two reds together (stroller and SR) they aren't going to match as well as you think and it is going to look more goofy than anything! LOL

I vote for the SS1---it looks better and will be the best bang for your buck.

G8r4evr

As far as patterns go I like the all-red cover of the SR, but I'd probably get the SS1.

It really boils down to what you want :). Do you want the convenience of a carrier for a few months before moving a convertible, or do you want this to be the last seat you need to buy for a year/year and a half?

Same here.

zactayaus

Wow! I can't believe everyone chose the SS1.:p I thought it would be a toss up between the two. I guess I should have known better.:rolleyes:

I suppose I will be ordering the SS1 tomorrow. I just wish it had more red on it. Maybe they'll come out with some really cool SR32 covers and I can buy one to replace it.:D

zactayaus

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to this thread and to let you all know that I did go ahead and order the SS1 tonight. I also ordered an extra base. They were out of the SS1 bases but had the SR32 bases in stock for the same price. I had read on here that you could use the SR32 base with the SS1 so I hope I read right.

Thanks again to everyone.:)

flutie128

I think I read some where on this board that you cannot use a ss1 with the snugride 32 base but you could use a snugride 32 (up to 30#) with ss1 base.

zactayaus

Quote:[Ok, got a reply!!!

Thank you for the email. I appreciate you taking the time to check on this issue. The answer you rec'd. is the correct one to the question regarding the bases. Please see below: Step 1 stand alone bases will only be compatible with Step 1 shells.

SnugRide 32 stand alone bases will be compatible with Step 1 shells and SnugRide 32 shells. Please let me know if I can help additionally with other questions or information. From now through the end of the year there will be a mix of the Step 1 & Snug Ride 32 on the retail shelves. By the end of January most of the Step 1 units should be sold and most of the inventory should be the Snug Ride]:Quote

I didnt' know how to link to another post but this was a Quote from Judi that I copied and pasted. The thread was called "SR32 bases/ SS1 bases". So it looks like I'll be alright with the base I ordered.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC